5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (985) 857-8808
- Whether you are an established family from our area, a newly arrived family from out-of state, or an International resident, and you are looking for the right school for your child, Messiah Montessori School welcomes you to take a personal tour to discover our unique and peaceful educational environment designed for excellence in education and development of full potential of its students.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||166 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Julie Boudreaux|
- * Messiah Montessori School is "The School of Choice" for the Houma region
- * Great community reputation for excellence in education
- * Louisiana A+ School (curriculum includes advanced art integration)
- * Accredited Montessori nonpublic school approved by the Louisiana Department of Education
- * Advanced international academic curriculum
- * "Hands on learning"
- * Foreign language immersion program in French and Spanish
- * Character development; spiritual awareness; social and practical life skills; and physical fitness.
- * Ages eighteen months through high school
- * Peaceful school community and positive learning environment
- * Loving atmosphere makes each child feel accepted and "at home"
- * Faith-based, Christ-centered Christian school helps young people to develop personal faith in God, to serve God and mankind in practical and positive ways, and to be "difference makers" in the world. Messiah is non-denominational and open to people of all faiths or beliefs
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houma Grades: K-12 | 560 students
109 Valhi Blvd
Houma, LA 70360
(985) 232-4819 1.3 K-12
- Houma Grades: PK-7 | 457 students
309 Funderburk Avenue
Houma, LA 70364
(985) 872-3854 2.8 PK-7
- Houma Grades: PK-7 | 676 students
300 Verret Street
Houma, LA 70360
(985) 868-6646 5.2 PK-7
- Houma Grades: PK-7 | 197 students
266 Gabasse St
Houma, LA 70360
(985) 872-5573 1.9 PK-7
- Gretna Grades: PK-3 | 67 students
552 Terry Parkway
Gretna, LA 70056
(504) 362-0513 48.2 PK-3
RECOMMENDATION OF MESSIAH MONTESSORI SCHOOL BY THE MONTESSORI FAMILY We thank and appreciate The Honorable Phillip Montessori (Great Grandson of Dr. Maria Montessori and Founder of the Montessori Corporation in the USA) for his support and recommendation of Messiah Montessori School as quoted below. This is our high honor to be endorsed by the Montessori Family for our authentic Montessori Method of education.Dr. Jules and Pastor Deborah BoquetFounders of Messiah Montessori School "I hope you have another great school year! Messiah Montessori is an outstanding school and does an excellent job teaching children the Montessori way. I highly recommend your school to any parent in your region interested in giving their child a Montessori education."Phillip Montessori
- Posted by Teacher - Dr. Jules Boquet
Messiah Montessori is one of a kind!! What a beautiful school!! Our child has made leaps and bounds progress, both academically and socially. She is safe, appreciated by her teachers and peers, and loves going to school.
- Posted by Parent - Krista
Messiah Montessori International School of Houma is a State accredited private nonpublic school designed to create confident, self-motivated and academically and socially prepared children. Messiah has an international faculty, international student body, and international curriculum. Messiah is a French and Spanish foreign language immersion school with a World Class educational program. International residents who move to our region appreciate having Messiah available to them for their children's education. Montessori Education is time-tested, time-proven and timeless. Montessori education is a common-sense, child-centered, hands-on approach to learning that motivates students to become independent learners who know how to think and who learn how to learn. Messiah students have the advantage to progress to their full potential. At Messiah, you will find a school where children are treated with respect, the atmosphere is loving, and the learning possibilities are endless. Messiah is the "School of Choice" for the Houma region. Parents owe it to themselves and their children, to schedule a visit to Messiah to discover the school where children are happy and excited to learn.
- Posted by Administrator - jules
This school is a special place where children enjoy going, enjoy learning, and enjoy life. My child loves it!!!
- Posted by Parent - saman
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?