Millcreek Of Arkansas
- Millcreek of Arkansas was founded in 1988 in response to the overwhelming need for services for emotionally disturbed and developmentally disabled children and adolescents in Arkansas.
- Since that time, we have provided quality care for the children of Arkansas, serving developmentally disabled children & adolescents in a 61 bed Intermediate Care Facility for the Mentally Retarded and severely emotionally disturbed children & adolescents in a 111 bed Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility.
- Helping Children To Live Healthier, More Productive Lives. Millcreek is a premier provider of specially designed mental health care services for children and adolescents.
- We are a progressive organization with a unique emphasis on excellence in education and treatment.
- Our outstanding team instills family and community values, and meets the challenges of a changing world.
- The rewards of our work are reflected in the lives of the children we serve and the hearts of the people we touch.
- The Education Department of Millcreek is approved by the Arkansas Department of Education and operates according to the guidelines of that department.
- Millcreek offers education programming for the student requiring mental healthcare services, including specialized instruction for students with disabilities as outlined in the special education regulations.
- Millcreek Education Programs are accredited by the State Department of Education, Special Education Section.
- Certified Teachers licensed by the State Department of Education conduct instruction in a self-contained educational setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Bilingual School Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camden Grades: PK-12 | 51 students
1245 California Ave Sw
Camden, AR 71701
(870)836-3716 30.5 PK-12
- Magnolia Grades: PK-12 | 325 students
250 Warnock Springs Rd
Magnolia, AR 71753
(870)234-2831 58.4 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.