Model Secondary School For The Deaf
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 175 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Kendall Demonstration Elementary School (KDES) and the Model Secondary School for the Deaf (MSSD) serve deaf and hard of hearing students from infancy through high school. We are the federally mandated demonstration schools of the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center, at Gallaudet University. KDES/MSSD, a community with diversity at its core, challenges each student to achieve personal excellence in academics, communication, thinking skills, emotional intelligence and life planning in order to become a self-directed, contributing member of society. Using American Sign Language and English, students are active partners in their individualized education program. We explore effective approaches to teaching and learning that we share with families and professionals throughout the country. We believe that the development of the whole child is essential and that each child has unique interests, needs, and abilities. We believe that all children who are deaf or hard of hearing can learn, achieve, and be responsible for their education. We believe that a student's positive sense of self is critical for school achievement and success throughout life.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Model Secondary School For The Deaf?
The application deadline for Model Secondary School For The Deaf is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Model Secondary School For The Deaf. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards