Gonzaga College High School
- Gonzaga College High School is a Catholic College Preparatory School for boys operated by the Society of Jesus and its colleagues under the governance of an independent Board of Trustees.
- Drawing its inspiration from the spiritual vision of St. Ignatius Loyola and the apostolic and educational tradition of the Jesuits, Gonzaga offers a values-oriented and academically challenging curriculum to young men of diverse backgrounds from the all over the Washington metropolitan area.
- Gonzaga views its urban setting in the heart of the nation's capital as a significant advantage in fulfilling its goals, allowing its students to interact with the larger Washington community and to learn leadership skills and civic responsibility as part of their overall development.
- Moreover, Gonzaga strives to create a dynamic and caring learning environment which it unites with its academic, extra-curricular, and athletic programs, to help form Men with and for Others, that is, graduates who are open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, and committed to doing justice.
Gonzaga College High School places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||962 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 46%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Andrew Battaile|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Mike Hanagan|
|Endowment Size||$30 million|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Water Polo,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- In the admissions selection process, Gonzaga staff examine a student's application, grades, teacher recommendations, personal essay, and High School Placement Test (HSPT) scores.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: 9-12 | 1170 students
2607 Military Road NW, Chevy Chase
Washington, DC 20015
(202) 363-2316 4.9 9-12
- Washington Grades: 6-12 | 231 students
4501 South Dakota Ave Ne
Washington, DC 20017
(202) 269-2354 3.2 6-12
- Washington Grades: 9-12 | 500 students
4300 Harewood Rd Ne
Washington, DC 20017
(202) 529-0200 2.7 9-12
AMDG. An excellent Roman Catholic high school for young men. Faculty and employees care for the students and their families. Good balance on academics and faith development. A 1966 graduate.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - CHARLIE
Very challenging academically, athletically and spiritually, but with a great community to help get your son through it all. "Men for others" says it well.
- Posted by Parent - DC
Love it there. Great community to be involved with. Best decision of my life picking Gonzaga. Go Eagles!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymous
Absolutely one of the best institutions for boys in the entire country. Forms great young gentlemen and athletes alike.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jack Holland