- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 884 students
- Yearly Tuition: $26,190
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 12
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Amnesty International, Ancient World Club, Archery Club, Art Club, Chess Club & Team, Community Service Committee, CyberPatriot, Dance Club, Eco Club, Economics Club, Faces of Severn, Film Club, French Club, French Student Exchange, History Journal, Humane Society, Improv Club, Intro to Medical Arts Club, Investment Club, It's Academic Team, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Multicultural Alliance, Music Club, Newspaper, Outing Club, Peer Counselors, Photography Club, Prom Committee, Red Cross Club, Robotics Club, Severn Oratorical Society, Spanish Club, Spanish Student Exchange, Spirit Captains, SWAG, Umbrella Club, United Spectrum, Vinyl Club, Yearbook Club, Z-Club
- We strive to meet the needs of college-bound students from preschool through grade twelve while challenging them to realize personal excellence. We provide varied opportunities to demonstrate scholarship, leadership, citizenship, and sportsmanship both in and out of the classroom.
- Severn School is located approximately six miles from Annapolis on two separate campuses in Arnold and Severna Park, Maryland. Severn School was originally founded in 1914 to provide academic preparation for the United States Naval Academy. Today we are a day school enrolling over 800 students from preschool through 12th grade.
- Severn School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) and approved by the Maryland State Board of Education. Severn is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Situated on two campuses, Severn School has state of the art facilities to meet the needs of all students. The 4-acre Chesapeake Campus in Arnold houses Severn's Lower School: Preschool through grade 5. Included on that campus are the Flinchum Gymnasium, Troy Media Center, and Sivvy Theatre. There are 2 fully equipped outdoor playgrounds, an outdoor science learning area, learning pavilion, and trike and scooter path for early childhood students. The 19-acre Teel campus in the heart of Severna Park includes the McCleary Student Center, Price Auditorium, Creeden Hall, four athletic fields (including 2 turf fields), the Alumni Walkway, Memorial Gymnasium, and the Edward St. John Athletic Center. The most recent addition is the beautiful new Teel Academic Center which is a state of the art facility housing the Zimmerman Library, Graw Innovation Center, and the Hoehn-Saric Center for Academic Excellence. The Stine Environmental Center is a 2-acre outdoor learning center situated on the Severn River.
Endorse Severn School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards