- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 894 students
- Yearly Tuition: $26,752
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 5
- Source: Verified school update
- IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DATES FOR THE 2024-25 SCHOOL YEAR - 08/25/2023Learn more about the application process for each division and discover how Severn School can help you reach your full potential.
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HUMAN? 7TH GRADE STUDENTS GET INTROSPECTIVE IN INNOVATIVE CROSS-CURRICULAR UNIT - 07/07/2023Severn 7th graders explored what it means to be human in an innovative cross-curricular unit that encouraged student growth and understanding around their journey to becoming the person they are today.
Severn School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
Academics and Faculty
Khaki shorts/pants, polo or oxford shirt, blazer
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
3D Printing Club, Admiral Marketing Club, Admiral TV, Amnesty International, Archery Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club & Team, Civil Discourse, Common Knowledge Club, Community Service Committee, Connect4Cancer, Cyber Team, Debate Club, Eco Club, Economics Club, Engineering Club, Faces of Severn, Film Club, French Club, Games Club, Improv Club, Intro to Medical Studies Club, Investment Club, Latin Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Multicultural Alliance, Music Club, Outing Club, Peer Counselors, Photography Club, Prom Committee, Random Acts of Kindness Club, Red Cross Club, Robotics Club, Run Club, Severn Oratorical Society, Severn River Fishing Club, Spanish Club, Spirit Captains, Sports Breakdown Club, SWAG (Supporting Women Around the Globe), The Anchor Newspaper, Umbrella Club, United Spectrum, Yearbook Club
- Students at Severn School are empowered to develop the character, skills and intellectual agility that is required of today`s leaders. What you will learn here is that education is about more than what you know. Instead, it`s about who you are. And who we are is a student-centered learning community committed to modeling excellence, courage and scholarship as we strive to make meaningful contributions to the world around us.
- Severn School is located approximately six miles from Annapolis on two separate campuses in Arnold and Severna Park, Maryland. Severn School was originally founded in 1914 to provide academic preparation for the United States Naval Academy. Today we are a day school enrolling over 800studentsfrom preschool through 12th grade.
- Severn School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) and approved by the Maryland State Board of Education. Severn is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Situated on two campuses, Severn School has state of the art facilities to meet the needs of all students. The 4-acre Chesapeake Campus in Arnold houses Severn's Lower School: Preschool through grade 5. Included on that campus are the Flinchum Gymnasium, Troy Media Center, and Sivvy Theatre. There are 2 fully equipped outdoor playgrounds, an outdoor science learning area, learning pavilion, and trike and scooter path for early childhood students. The 19-acre Teel campus in the heart of Severna Park includes the McCleary Student Center, Price Auditorium, Creeden Hall, four athletic fields (including 2 turf fields), the Alumni Walkway, Memorial Gymnasium, and the Edward St. John Athletic Center. The most recent addition is the beautiful new Teel Academic Center which is a state of the art facility housing the Zimmerman Library,Graw Innovation Center, and the Hoehn-Saric Center for Academic Excellence. The Stine Environmental Centeris a 2-acre outdoor learning center situated on the Severn River.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Severn School cost?
What sports does Severn School offer?
What is Severn School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Severn School?
View the Severn School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse Severn School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards