- Severn School is an independent, coeducational college preparatory day school for students in preschool through grade 12, located in Severna Park, MD. We believe in character-driven education and academic excellence fostered by a supportive community that values the dignity, self-worth, and the potential of each individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||844 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,190|
|Tuition Notes||Grade 6-12: $26,190 Grades 1-5: $20,305 Kindergarten: $18,480 Prek 5 full days: $16,550 Prek 5 half days: $12,630 Preschool 5 full days: $16,550 Preschool 5 half days: $12,465 Preschool 3 full days: $10,245 Preschool 3 half days: $7,770|
|Admissions Director||Molly Green, 6th-12th Grade|
|Admissions Associate||Ellen Murray, 6th-12th Grade|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||43 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Ancient World Club, Archery Club, Art Club, Chess Club & Team, Community Service Committee, CyberPatriot, Dance Club, Eco Club, Economics Club, Faces of Severn, Film Club, French Club, French Student Exchange, History Journal, Humane Society, Improv Club, Intro to Medical Arts Club, Investment Club, It's Academic Team, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Multicultural Alliance, Music Club, Newspaper, Outing Club, Peer Counselors, Photography Club, Prom Committee, Red Cross Club, Robotics Club, Severn Oratorical Society, Spanish Club, Spanish Student Exchange, Spirit Captains, SWAG, Umbrella Club, United Spectrum, Vinyl Club, Yearbook Club, Z-Clu
- We strive to meet the needs of college-bound students from preschool through grade twelve while challenging them to realize personal excellence. We provide varied opportunities to demonstrate scholarship, leadership, citizenship, and sportsmanship both in and out of the classroom.
- Severn School is located approximately six miles from Annapolis on two separate campuses in Arnold and Severna Park, Maryland. Severn School was originally founded in 1914 to provide academic preparation for the United States Naval Academy. Today we are a day school enrolling over 800 students from preschool through 12th grade.
- Severn School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) and approved by the Maryland State Board of Education. Severn is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Situated on two campuses, Severn School has state of the art facilities to meet the needs of all students. The 4-acre Chesapeake Campus in Arnold houses Severn's Lower School: Preschool through grade 5. Included on that campus are the Flinchum Gymnasium, Troy Media Center, and Sivvy Theatre. There are 2 fully equipped outdoor playgrounds, an outdoor science learning area, learning pavilion, and trike and scooter path for early childhood students. The 19-acre Teel campus in the heart of Severna Park includes the McCleary Student Center, Price Auditorium, Creeden Hall, four athletic fields (including 2 turf fields), the Alumni Walkway, Memorial Gymnasium, and the Edward St. John Athletic Center. The most recent addition is the beautiful new Teel Academic Center which is a state of the art facility housing the Zimmerman Library, Graw Innovation Center, and the Hoehn-Saric Center for Academic Excellence. The Stine Environmental Center is a 2-acre outdoor learning center situated on the Severn River.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
- AnnapolisGrades: NS-12 | 650 students
534 Hillsmere Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
- SevernGrades: 9-12 | 1215 students
8080 New Cut Road
Severn, MD 21144
- SevernGrades: K-12 | 923 students
109 Burns Crossing Road
Severn, MD 21144
- AnnapolisGrades: 9-12
113 Duke Of Gloucester St
Annapolis, MD 21401
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.