- Creativity! Character! Confidence! Chesapeake Academy is an independent school that offers students in preschool through fifth grade an invigorating education that celebrates intellect and imagination.
- Expanded opportunities in science, fine and performing arts, Spanish, techology are integrated into curriculum.
- Our families value education. Our vibrant supportive community, with a focus on young learners, brings out the best in children.
- Well prepared for their next educational experience, our students advance to top independent and public middle schools and, beyond that, to highly rated high schools and colleges. See our introductory video: http://www.youtube.com/user/chesacad1185.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy / plaid / green uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Payment plans / financial aid / scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Sue Richburg|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: NS-8 | 150 students
30 Old Mill Bottom Road North
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410)757-4740 2.7 NS-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.