Tel: (410) 647-9612
- Creativity! Character! Confidence! Chesapeake Academy is an independent school that offers students in preschool through fifth grade an invigorating education that celebrates intellect and imagination.
- Expanded opportunities in science, fine and performing arts, Spanish, techology are integrated into curriculum.
- Our families value education. Our vibrant supportive community, with a focus on young learners, brings out the best in children.
- Well prepared for their next educational experience, our students advance to top independent and public middle schools and, beyond that, to highly rated high schools and colleges. See our introductory video: http://www.youtube.com/user/chesacad1185.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy / plaid / green uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Payment plans / financial aid / scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Sue Richburg|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: NS-8 | 160 students
30 Old Mill Bottom Road North
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 757-4740 2.7 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?