Chesapeake Montessori School
- We serve children and teens ages eighteen months through fifteen years (pre-k 8th grade).
- Our main campus is comprised of seven acres in Annapolis, Maryland, where indoor and outdoor beauty abounds, and is accessible to the children.
- The upper campus is a three-acre farmette located in Arnold, Maryland; a land-based model serving our seventh and eighth grade students with experiential education applicable to their lives.
- CMS strives to offer an educational model true to Dr. Maria Montessori`s vision for the various age groups and we are proud to be an Association Montessori Internationale Recognized school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $9,900 to $12,775.|
|Admissions Director||Caroline Duffy|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, French Judo
- Chesapeake Montessori School has provided an Association of Montessori Internationale (AMI) education to children in the greater Annapolis area since 1977. At CMS, education is an exciting process of discovery that builds a foundation for critical thinking, self-discipline, and a life-long love of learning. We provide a rich and nurturing learning environment for the development of the whole child and young adult academic, intellectual, social, emotional to prepare them to take their place in the world.
- Montessori education is a child-centered, developmental approach based on the following principles: education should prepare children for life: intellectually, emotionally, and physically; children learn best when they are motivated by their own innate need to explore and discover; and, children should be allowed to progress at their own pace, regardless of age or ability.
- CMS is committed to helping children and young adults, aged 18-months thru 15 years, reach their full academic and creative potential, while instilling values of civic responsibility and compassion. Our students learn that they are an important part of society and have the knowledge and skills to make a difference in the world. We want to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of our programs, mission, and philosophy. We invite you to learn more about us through our application process.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: NS-6 | 162 students
1641 N Winchester Rd
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410)757-7789 1.1 NS-6
- Arnold Grades: NS-5
1185 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Arnold, MD 21012
(410)647-9612 2.7 NS-5
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.