St. Anne's School of Annapolis
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (410) 263-8650
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #2 - An education from St. Anne`s School carries weight, especially when it comes to high school placement. The most competitive schools seek out our graduates because they have a reputation of making their community stronger. Working alongside the Director of Upper School Placement, our students have been accepted to over 77 top public and private high schools. Of our graduates that are currently in college, 78% have a STEM-focused major.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #3 - All Middle School students are immersed in outdoor education class leadership trips.Students travel to Echo Hill, Gennessee Valley,and Maryland Therapeutic Riding Center as away to connect with community, environment,and each other. Lower School studentsparticipate in class camping trips, and all grades,beginning in Kindergarten, participate in regularfield experiences outside the classroom. Thesetrips promote
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #4 - In our Program for Young Children, toddlers are inspired to explore their gifts through art, music, science, writing, collaborating, questioning, building, leading, and speaking. Our loving and attentive teachers work in partnership with families to ensure that each child has a rewarding start to their journey of learning.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #5 - Students learn best when their classrooms make them feel safe, challenged, and happy. Our teachers use engaging academics, a positive community, effective management,and expertise in developmental awareness to create a learning environment that is age-appropriate and responsive to students` strengths and needs.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #6 - Middle School students are encouraged to compete against other area independent schools in soccer, cross country, field hockey, basketball, tennis, flag football, and/or lacrosse.
- St. Anne's School of Annapolis invests in the intellectual and spiritual promise of each student in a community that values diversity and the dignity of every human being.
- We challenge students to think critically and creatively, to know themselves as learners, and to govern their lives with confidence, compassion, and integrity.
- Inspiring students Twos through Eighth Grade, we draw from an Episcopal tradition as an independent, co-educational school in the heart of Annapolis.
- Inspiring Connections and Empathy Embodying Equity and Inclusion Empowering Extraordinary Educators Enacting Leadership
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Middle School Association
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This summer, St. Anne's School will provide childcare for those two- through five-years-old. All rooms will be sanitized throughout the day, proper social distancing measures will be taken, and PPE will be worn by staff to ensure a safe environment for attendees. $350/week|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for K-8 students; pants, shorts, or skirt and shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Program for Young Children, Half Day: $3,575–$12,700 Program for Young Children, Full Day: $5,550–$16,070Lower School (K–4th Grade): $17,665–$18,520Middle School (5–8th Grade): $19,125–$19,995|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Future Makers Engineering, LEGO Robotics Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Chorus, Music Lessons
- Our beautiful campus is conveniently located on 10 acres on Arundel on the Bay Road, just minutes from downtown Annapolis.
- Founded in 1992 as a Preschool and Kindergarten, St. Anne's School is now a community of approximately 250 students enrolled in our Program for Twos through 8th Grade.
- Our Student-Teacher Ratio is 9:1 with an average class size of 13 students.
- While we draw from Episcopal tradition, St. Anne's School welcomes religious diversity, as well as cultural and socio-economic diversity.
- The regular school hours for our K-8 students are 8:15 a.m. 3:00 p.m., and we offer half-day and part-time options in our Program for Younger Children. Extended care begins as early as 7:15 a.m. and runs as late as 6:00 p.m.
- Applications for admission are accepted beginning September 1 and rolling admission is offered for selected grades, based on availability.
- St. Anne's School offers convenient, flexible payment options to all our families. Financial Aid and scholarships are available to eligible families and students. Financial Aid is available for our students in Preschool through Eighth Grade. Merit/Leadership scholarships are available to new students entering Sixth or Seventh Grade.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: NS-8 | 160 students
30 Old Mill Bottom Road North
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 757-4740 5.8 NS-8
I believe that placing my daughter in St. Anne's Day School was one of the best parenting decisions I ever made. She thrived in the environment, which provided a nurturing middle school experience, solid curriculum, and focus on kindness and civility. My daughter is an adult living on her own with a great job now, and I know that St. Anne's was an important building block in her development. I was a single mom, St. Anne's gave me some financial assistance, and because of that, I have included the school in my estate planning so that one day another child may benefit as well. That is how much the school has meant to me.
- Posted by Parent - MED
As a parent, and a former educator myself, I am amazed daily at the quality of the program and the teachers at St. Anne's School. Both of my children, who are very different learners and very different personalities, have been challenged, cared for, and stretched in all aspects of their growth: academically, personally, socially and emotionally. I have the privilege in my work to visit schools all over the country, and St. Anne's stands out nationally as a top school for those who really understand the education of the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - haley
I work with schools across the US and many foreign countries training teachers, working with parents and students. St. Anne's is such a gem. This is a special place that knows how to grow children, their brains and their integrity. JoAnn Deak, Ph.D author of Your Fantastic Elastic Brain and The Owner's Manual for Driving Your Adolescent Brain.
- Posted by Administrator - jdeak
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.