St. Anne's School of Annapolis
5.00 (2 reviews)
In Early Childhood, links programs such as Spanish, art, music, library, and P.E. begin in a child's Preschool and Prekindergarten year.
Extending learning outside the classroom, field experiences are an important part of the curriculum at St. Anne's School. In addition to day trips, Lower School students traditionally go on an overnight camping trip and Middle School students attend extended overnight trips to neighboring cities, as well as outdoor recreation centers.
Our students experience the power of a collaborative and just community and learn to contribute meaningfully to the world around them
Middle School students are given the option to participate in soccer, cross country, field hockey, basketball, tennis, and/or lacrosse. Teams compete with area independent schools. Pal Park is our home field.
In a program that celebrates children's depth of wonder and joy in the world, the Annapolis Twos extends the St. Anne's School of Annapolis learning environment to younger learners. The Annapolis Twos program offers families the opportunity to attend full or half days, for two-, three- or five-days week.
- St. Anne's School of Annapolis invests in the intellectual and spiritual promise of each student in a community that celebrates diversity and values the dignity of every human being.
- We challenge students to think critically and creatively, to know themselves as learners, and to govern their lives with confidence, compassion and integrity.
- St. Anne's School draws from its Episcopal tradition as an independent, co-educational school, serving students in Preschool through Eighth Grade.
- St. Anne's School also offers the Annapolis Twos, a program for two-year olds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for K-8 students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Jan. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3,445 to $19,470.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Suzannah Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Cooking, Fencing, Junior Joggers, Outdoor Education, Robotics, Soccer Art, Chess, Cooking, Fencing, Junior Joggers, Robotics, Soccer, Outdoor Education,|
- At St. Anne's School of Annapolis, you'll find state-of-the-art instruction and a curriculum focused on the future. Along with this forward-thinking, raise-the-bar approach, you'll also find an equally strong legacy rooted in the Episcopal educational traditions of character, compassion and integrity. From our classrooms to beyond our campus gate, our students are provided an educational experience that encompasses a broad spectrum. We firmly believe a curriculum that is focused on success in the 21st century begins with top-notch academics; encourages cultural and artistic endeavors; and emphasizes the social and civic principles that will guide and inspire tomorrow's leaders.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AnnapolisGrades: NS-12 | 650 students
534 Hillsmere Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
- SevernGrades: PK-12 | 923 students
109 Burns Crossing Road
Severn, MD 21144
- CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
- ArnoldGrades: NS-5
1185 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Arnold, MD 21012
- AnnapolisGrades: NS-8 | 150 students
30 Old Mill Bottom Road North
Annapolis, MD 21409
As a parent, and a former educator myself, I am amazed daily at the quality of the program and the teachers at St. Anne's School. Both of my children, who are very different learners and very different personalities, have been challenged, cared for, and stretched in all aspects of their growth: academically, personally, socially and emotionally. I have the privilege in my work to visit schools all over the country, and St. Anne's stands out nationally as a top school for those who really understand the education of the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - haley
I work with schools across the US and many foreign countries training teachers, working with parents and students. St. Anne's is such a gem. This is a special place that knows how to grow children, their brains and their integrity. JoAnn Deak, Ph.D author of Your Fantastic Elastic Brain and The Owner's Manual for Driving Your Adolescent Brain.
- Posted by Administrator - jdeak
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.