St. Anne's School of Annapolis
5.00 (2 reviews)
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #2 - In Early Childhood, links programs such as Spanish, art, music, library, and P.E. begin in a child's Preschool and Prekindergarten year.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #3 - Extending learning outside the classroom, field experiences are an important part of the curriculum at St. Anne's School. In addition to day trips, Lower School students traditionally go on an overnight camping trip and Middle School students attend extended overnight trips to neighboring cities, as well as outdoor recreation centers.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #5 - Our students experience the power of a collaborative and just community and learn to contribute meaningfully to the world around them
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #6 - Middle School students are given the option to participate in soccer, cross country, field hockey, basketball, tennis, and/or lacrosse. Teams compete with area independent schools. Pal Park is our home field.
St. Anne's School of Annapolis Photo #8 - In a program that celebrates children's depth of wonder and joy in the world, the Annapolis Twos extends the St. Anne's School of Annapolis learning environment to younger learners. The Annapolis Twos program offers families the opportunity to attend full or half days, for two-, three- or five-days week.
- St. Anne's School of Annapolis invests in the intellectual and spiritual promise of each student in a community that celebrates diversity and values the dignity of every human being.
- We challenge students to think critically and creatively, to know themselves as learners, and to govern their lives with confidence, compassion and integrity.
- St. Anne's School draws from its Episcopal tradition as an independent, co-educational school, serving students in Preschool through Eighth Grade.
- St. Anne's School also offers the Annapolis Twos, a program for two-year olds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Middle School Association
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for K-8 students; pants, shorts, or skirt and shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3,445 to $19,470.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Suzannah Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Future Makers Engineering, Junior Joggers, Robotics, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Music Lessons
- St. Anne's School of Annapolis is an independent Episcopal school for Twos through Eighth Grade. Focusing on a rigorous, inquiry-based academic and social curriculum St. Anne`s School is shaping the innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- St. Anne's School has been announced as a candidate school for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP). St. Anne's School is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: NS-8 | 150 students
30 Old Mill Bottom Road North
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410)757-4740 5.8 NS-8
As a parent, and a former educator myself, I am amazed daily at the quality of the program and the teachers at St. Anne's School. Both of my children, who are very different learners and very different personalities, have been challenged, cared for, and stretched in all aspects of their growth: academically, personally, socially and emotionally. I have the privilege in my work to visit schools all over the country, and St. Anne's stands out nationally as a top school for those who really understand the education of the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - haley
I work with schools across the US and many foreign countries training teachers, working with parents and students. St. Anne's is such a gem. This is a special place that knows how to grow children, their brains and their integrity. JoAnn Deak, Ph.D author of Your Fantastic Elastic Brain and The Owner's Manual for Driving Your Adolescent Brain.
- Posted by Administrator - jdeak
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.