Indian Creek School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (410) 923-3660
- Indian Creek School is an independent, coeducational, Pre-K3 through Grade 12 college preparatory day school dedicated to providing students with an excellent education with a learner-centered approach.
- At Indian Creek, teachers know, approach, and support their students as individuals.
- Our approximately 500 students benefit from learning in a diverse community that is nurturing, engaging, and challenging.
- Indian Creek students develop self-worth, the confidence to take intellectual risks, and the ability to work collaboratively.
- ICS students are prepared to live in a dynamic and global community where achievement comes not only from knowing but knowing how to know.
- The Indian Creek community is actively committed to valuing, celebrating, and respecting diversity in race, culture, religion, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic means, abilities, affinities, and learning strengths.
- Diversity, equity, and justice are core values of our community and we foster an inclusive environment in which every member of the school feels understood, valued, respected, and affirmed.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Range|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science (on-line), AP English Language & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government, AP Literature & Composition, AP Microeconomics (on-line), AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics (on-line), AP United States History, AP World History (on-line)|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform-Khaki pants, skirts, polo and oxford shirts, ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Range: $8,910 - $21,660|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Bonhom, Carol Mercer, Christina Mueller|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Creek 4 Peace Service, Drama, Engineering Club, Green Club, Musical Theater, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Quill and Scroll Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government 6th-8th and 9th-12th, Tri M Music Honor Society, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
- Indian Creek School is a private, co-educational, nonsectarian day school for students age three through grade 12, located on two campuses in Crownsville, Maryland. Founded in 1973, Indian Creek School is distinguished by its welcoming community, neuroscience-based approach to education, ample opportunities for extra-curricular involvement, differentiated teaching, innovative faculty, student-centered culture and commitment to being a family school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Severna Park Grades: NS-12 | 844 students
201 Water St
Severna Park, MD 21146
(410) 647-7700 4.5 NS-12
This school is great! I'm a "frosh" & I love it! Everyone is so nice, teachers, faculty & students!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - P
Excellent and strong academics. Nurturing environment . Make s everyone feel welcome. Strong parental support . Teachers are dedicated and know their students. My child is learning something new everyday child loves going to school everyday . Equal balance of academics and social activities . Field trip enhance learning . Glad I chose this school.
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
We as parents struggle and question if we are doing the right thing for our children's education, but when your child walks out of a school that he just shadowed and says, "I love it here." You know you are on the right track. We are immensely happy with Indian Creek Upper School and staff. We visited several private schools and public schools too. We wanted to make sure our son would fit in and more important, was the school focused on preparing our son for college. We found both. He has found friends and clubs to join. I need to mention that we think the school knows what colleges are looking for, the well rounded student. IC students must try for one semester an after school club in sports, arts and the sciences. This gives our son an opportunity to try different things he probably wouldn't and a good admission application. Our son is enjoying learning again. What a change from his last school. We thought he gave up on science, but now he comes home and talks about it and even decided to take a science class as an elective. We love it! I believe this is due to his teacher. The science staff really gets involved with their students and there are several hands on opportunities. He is taking two AP courses and taking an on line Chinese class. This school has guided our son in the right direction. The staff is energetic and knows their students well. They are involved and always ready to assist. We made the right choice and on top of that, our son is happy about it.
- Posted by Parent - tamyl
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.