Annapolis Area Christian School
- Annapolis Area Christian School is a K-12th grade non-denominational Christian school with two campuses in Annapolis and two in Severn.
- AACS offers an excellent college preparatory curriculum, outstanding performing arts, and competitive athletics within a welcoming Christian community. Students are guided and encouraged to discover their God-given gifts and talents.
- Make plans to visit one of our four beautiful campuses and learn about the difference a Christian education can have in the life of your child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||948 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||103 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average Percentile SSAT||80%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms: Polos, Button-down; slacks, skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Feb. 27|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,435|
|Tuition Notes||2018-19 Tuition levels: Kindergarten: $11,371 Grades 1-5: $12,648 Grades 6-8: $14,898 Grades 9-12: $18,354 Tuition Assistance program and payment option plans available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lower School: Heather Schulte, Middle School: Jennifer Park, Upper School: Mary Jane Murphy|
|Admissions Associate||Heather Schulte|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Action Group, African American Culture Club, Agape Group, Art Club, Drama Club, Eagles Links, Entrepreneur Club, Film Club, Foreign Language Club, Honor Council, Mock Trial Club, National Honor Society, Peer Tutors, Pre-Med Club, Robotics Team, Senior Prefects, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Government, Thespian Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Bell'Arte, Madrigal Singers, Marching Band, Men's Ensemble, Women's Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- AACS has been serving Christian families in Maryland since 1971, offering a college preparatory academic curriculum, a competitive athletic program, as well as outstanding fine arts in theater, choral, band, and visual arts. AACS serves more than 925 students in grades K through 12th on four separate campuses in Anne Arundel County.
- One of the most notable distinctions of Annapolis Area Christian School is that faith is alive and visible in every classroom, on every performance stage and athletic field, and in every activity. We don`t just talk about faith, we live our faith and our students see this modeled and taught everyday. It makes for a very unique environment, where lifelong relationships are formed. AACS parents report that the Christ-centered community is one of the most valuable aspects of our school.
- At AACS we understand the importance and the value of well trained, experienced, top-notch teachers. In fact, research shows that effective teachers are the most important factor contributing to student achievement. That`s why we are very careful about who we hire at AACS. Not only must they be excellent teachers and masters in their field, but they must also have a deep rooted faith in Jesus Christ. Their faith must be visible and life changing. We also look for teachers who display courageous humility and steadfast joy. These are unique qualities that impact our school culture. In addition to this, we stay focused on the changing world of education and all the new possibilities and needs. We use the term "healthy discontent" to describe our focus on continuous improvement.
- We encourage you to visit one of our campuses to see and experience our unique culture and our excellent educational program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AACS is a serious school. So many options for kids and a commitment to relationship building. My children are very pleased with their progress and are excited to go to school each day (even when it is cold!). The distinct Christian worldview is something we appreciate and yet the curriculum is incredibly challenging. Having had the chance to talk to some recent alumni of AACS I continue to be impressed by their thinking and achievements. Check it out!
- Posted by Parent - Mr. G
We moved away and have come back to the area again 3 years later. AACS teachers are wonderful and have gone above and beyond to help my kids get settled back in to the tough high school schedule. They are supportive and wonderful. The sports teams are so welcoming and they have had so much fun so far. I highly recommend this school to ALL. It is truly awesome!
- Posted by Parent - seven
My daughter starter at AACS this year, and she loves it. She wakes up looking forward to going to school. She has also reinvigorated her walk with God! What a great blessing this school is!
- Posted by Parent - Anne.