Annapolis Area Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Annapolis Area Christian School is a PreK-12th grade non-denominational Christian school with two campuses in Annapolis and two in Severn.
- AACS offers an excellent college preparatory curriculum, outstanding performing arts, and competitive athletics.
- AACS faculty teach and model how to apply biblical values to everyday life decisions.
- Students are encouraged to do their very best as they identify their unique God-given talents.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||923 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms: Polos, Button-down; slacks, skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Feb. 27|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,990|
|Tuition Notes||2017-18 Tuition levels: Pre-school (5 Day, full day): $9,240 Kindergarten: $11,040 Grades 1-5: $11,390 Grades 6-8: $14,464 Grades 9-12: $17,819 Tuition Assistance program and payment option plans available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Good|
|Admissions Associate||Heather Schulte|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bell'Arte Singers, Chess Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language Club, Honor Council, International Students Club, Madrigal Singers, Marching Band, Men's Ensemble, National Honor Society, Robotics Team, Strings Ensemble, Student Government, Thespian Society, Women's Choir Chess Club, Honor Council, Marching Band, Men's Ensemble, Robotics Team, Women's Choir, Bell'Arte Singers,|
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Foreign Language Club,
International Students Club,
National Honor Society,
- AACS has been serving Christian families in Maryland since 1971, offering a college preparatory academic curriculum, a competitive athletic program, as well as outstanding fine arts in theater, choral, band, and visual arts. AACS serves more than 925 students in grades PreK through 12th on four separate campuses in Anne Arundel County.
- One of the most notable distinctions of Annapolis Area Christian School is that faith is alive and visible in every classroom, on every performance stage and athletic field, and in every activity. We don`t just talk about faith, we live our faith and our students see this modeled and taught everyday. It makes for a very unique environment, where lifelong relationships are formed. AACS parents report that the Christ-centered community is one of the most valuable aspects of our school.
- At AACS we understand the importance and the value of well trained, experienced, top-notch teachers. In fact, research shows that effective teachers are the most important factor contributing to student achievement. That`s why we are very careful about who we hire at AACS. Not only must they be excellent teachers and masters in their field, but they must also have a deep rooted faith in Jesus Christ. Their faith must be visible and life changing. We also look for teachers who display courageous humility and steadfast joy. These are unique qualities that impact our school culture. In addition to this, we stay focused on the changing world of education and all the new possibilities and needs. We use the term "healthy discontent" to describe our focus on continuous improvement.
- We encourage you to visit one of our campuses to see and experience our unique culture and our excellent educational program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MillersvilleGrades: K-12 | 347 students
911 Generals Highway
Millersville, MD 21108
- CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
- AnnapolisGrades: NS-12 | 650 students
534 Hillsmere Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
- OdentonGrades: PK-12 | 297 students
8410 Piney Orchard Pkwy
Odenton, MD 21113
- HanoverGrades: NS-12 | 193 students
1321 Mercedes Drive, Suites Q-S
Hanover, MD 21076
We moved away and have come back to the area again 3 years later. AACS teachers are wonderful and have gone above and beyond to help my kids get settled back in to the tough high school schedule. They are supportive and wonderful. The sports teams are so welcoming and they have had so much fun so far. I highly recommend this school to ALL. It is truly awesome!
- Posted by Parent - seven
My daughter starter at AACS this year, and she loves it. She wakes up looking forward to going to school. She has also reinvigorated her walk with God! What a great blessing this school is!
- Posted by Parent - Anne.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.