Arundel Christian School
- Arundel Christian School was originally formed as Calvary Temple Christian Academy.
- Since its inception, the school has change its name and some of its curriculum and philosophy; however, our core values remain the same.
- We have a brand new facility where we continue to offer an excellent education for children in PK2 through 12th grades.
- Our school is non-denominational, and our staff and students come from many different religious backgrounds. It is our desire to serve our community by providing a safe educational environment where the values of the home are supported and enhanced.
- We recognize the value of a private education and are dedicated to providing an excellent alternative to traditional schooling.
- We look at each pre-school student as a potential, college-bound graduate and are always seeking to expand all that we do to achieve that goal.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by grade level. Please call for information. We offer military, DOD, pastoral, and multiple child discounts.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jessica Bolin|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Tavel|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band, Choir, Dance
- We have divided our school into four departments: Early Elementary: Pre-K2 through Kindergarten - Our excellent teachers work with combinations of Accelerated Christian Education, Alpha & Omega, and Horizons curriculum programs. They may mix the programs to suit the needs of the students. All students are taught their letters phonetically and to sound out new words. Students are also taught sight words. Elementary: Grades 1 - 4: These students are taught primarily from the Alpha & Omega Publications program. It is our intention that they be challenged without losing the understanding of basic skills as well. Intermediate: Grades 5 - 7: These students are taught from a combination of Accelerated Education and Alpha & Omega Publications. Grammar skills are particularly stressed in grades 5 and 7, and Math students are prepared for skills necessary for higher Math classes. High School: Grades 8 - 12: In order to better prepare them for the demands of high school, 8th grade students are included in this department. Some 8th grade students may have advanced enough to earn high school credits in some courses. All high school students are instructed in curriculum from both Accelerated Christian Education and Alpha & Omega Publications. Our high school students must graduate with the same amount of credits as is required from the AACo. Board of Education. Our school was also the first private school in Anne Arundel County to register for the Jump Start program with Anne Arundel Community College, and many of our seniors are already taking college courses before they graduate from high school. All of our students in PK3-8th grade take Computer and Spanish twice a week as a part of their core classes. High School students receive instruction in Concepts of Spanish, Spanish I, and Spanish II. All of our students are instructed in Art, Music, and PE as well as many other fine arts and educational electives. Our school has award-winning choir and media programs. Additionally, we offer one-on-one, after-school tutoring by appointment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glen Burnie Grades: PK-12 | 302 students
407 Marley Station Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
(410)768-5324 6.9 PK-12
- Glen Burnie Grades: PK-12 | 273 students
7823 Oakwood Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410)761-1118 6 PK-12
Excellent school. Teachers are very loving and knowledgeable.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
My daughter attended ACS from PreK3 until 1st grade. I recently moved her to a Charter School that is located in the city. BIG MISTAKE. We will be returning to ACS soon, where the teachers and staff are friendly and willing to communicate. There was a big difference in the way the students behaved at the Charter School. The disruptions and lack of respect was shocking. I am elated to say that ACS is welcoming my daughter back with open arms! We missed the children, we missed the staff, we missed the welcoming family environment.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa
My daughter has been there since PreK2; she is in PreK4 now. We love the school. How many two year olds know their continents and tell time. She is so smart. She takes Piano lessons with Mr. Henry who is so patient with all of the children. I am moving soon and already crying that this upcoming school year will be her last. The school is like one big multicultural family.
- Posted by Parent - mrsev
My son just finished Pre-K 3 and he LOVES the school! He has learned so much and he surprises us everyday with the knowledge he has picked up! From Spanish and Chinese to learning the books of the Bible, ACS does an outstanding job preparing our kids for the future!
- Posted by Parent - jones
My daughter attends their high school and they treat her with respect and give her what she needs. I would recomend this school to anyone who needs a high school. This is an A+ school!
- Posted by Parent - piero