Arundel Christian School
- Arundel Christian School is a ministry of Oasis Church and has been located in Hanover, MD since 2010.
- We are blessed with a wonderful multi-cultural community of staff, students, and parents which fosters a sense of caring and unity in all of our daily activities.
- Within the safety of a loving and structured environment, Arundel Christian School is proud to serve students in Nursery and Pre-School as well as in Elementary, Intermediate, and High School.
- We recognize that each student is uniquely created and has God-given talents and abilities designed to create successful future endeavors.
- Our excellent curriculum program provides our students the opportunity to reach their academic potential and is also adaptable to meet individual student needs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by grade level. Please call for information. We offer military, DOD, pastoral, and multiple child discounts.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jessica Bolin|
|Admissions Associate||Melanie Tavel|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band, Choir, Dance
- ACS is divided into Nursery School, Early Elementary: PK-2 through PK-4, Elementary: K-3, Intermediate: 4-7, and High School, 8-12.
- Our excellent teachers work with combinations of Accelerated Christian Education, Alpha & Omega, Abeka, and Horizons curriculum programs. They may mix the programs to suit the needs of the students. All Early Elementary and Elementary students are taught their letters phonetically and to sound out new words. Students are also taught sight words.
- Elementary: Grades K-3: These students are taught from the Alpha & Omega Publications and Horizons programs. It is our intention that they be challenged without losing the understanding of basic skills as well.
- Intermediate: Grades 5 - 7: These students are taught from a combination of Accelerated Education, Horizons, and Alpha & Omega Publications. Grammar skills are particularly stressed in grades 5 and 7, and Math students are prepared for skills necessary for higher Math classes.
- High School: Grades 8 - 12: In order to better prepare them for the demands of high school, 8th grade students are included in this department. Some 8th grade students may have advanced enough to earn high school credits in some courses. All high school students are instructed in curriculum from both Accelerated Christian Education, Horizons, Abeka, and Alpha & Omega Publications.
- High school students must graduate with the same amount of credits as is required from the AACo. Board of Education.
- Our school is actively involved in the Jump Start program with Anne Arundel Community College, which allow students to be enrolled in college course and earning college credits while still attending high school.
- All of our students in K through 7th grade take Computer and Spanish twice a week as a part of their core classes. Spanish is taught to PK-2, PK-3, and PK-4 students weekly.
- High School students receive instruction in Spanish I-A, Spanish I-B, Spanish II and Spanish III.
- All of our students are instructed in Art, Music, and PE as well as many other fine arts and educational electives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glen Burnie Grades: PK-12 | 345 students
407 Marley Station Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
(410)768-5324 6.9 PK-12
- Glen Burnie Grades: PK-12 | 273 students
7823 Oakwood Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410)761-1118 6 PK-12
Excellent school. Teachers are very loving and knowledgeable.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
My daughter attended ACS from PreK3 until 1st grade. I recently moved her to a Charter School that is located in the city. BIG MISTAKE. We will be returning to ACS soon, where the teachers and staff are friendly and willing to communicate. There was a big difference in the way the students behaved at the Charter School. The disruptions and lack of respect was shocking. I am elated to say that ACS is welcoming my daughter back with open arms! We missed the children, we missed the staff, we missed the welcoming family environment.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa
My daughter has been there since PreK2; she is in PreK4 now. We love the school. How many two year olds know their continents and tell time. She is so smart. She takes Piano lessons with Mr. Henry who is so patient with all of the children. I am moving soon and already crying that this upcoming school year will be her last. The school is like one big multicultural family.
- Posted by Parent - mrsev
My son just finished Pre-K 3 and he LOVES the school! He has learned so much and he surprises us everyday with the knowledge he has picked up! From Spanish and Chinese to learning the books of the Bible, ACS does an outstanding job preparing our kids for the future!
- Posted by Parent - jones
My daughter attends their high school and they treat her with respect and give her what she needs. I would recomend this school to anyone who needs a high school. This is an A+ school!
- Posted by Parent - piero