5.00 (8 reviews)
Rockbridge Academy Photo #3 - First grade student is introduced to local WWII Pearl Harbor survivor at Rockbridge Academy's Veteran Ceremony
Rockbridge Academy Photo #4 - Rockbridge Academy boys varsity soccer celebrate win over a long time rival with a new "larger" ball... The player IS the throw in!
Rockbridge Academy Photo #5 - Rockbridge Academy Veterans Day - Kantorei sing to honor all veterans at annual ceremony.
- Rockbridge Academy is a private, K-12 classical Christian school located in Anne Arundel County serving Annapolis, Baltimore, and the surrounding Washington, DC areas. We are committed to the highest standards of Christian education using the classical method.
- Rockbridge Academy students are taught to be critical thinkers with a Christ-centered worldview. Our methodology emphasizes analytical thinking and mastery of the tools of learning instead of teaching to tests.
- In so doing we train our students to be life-long learners as we encourage them to glorify God in their hearts and lives and to seek after goodness, truth, and beauty.
- We believe this is a biblical approach to education, and God has richly blessed our teachers and students as they have labored diligently in these efforts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||All Upper School classes are taught at the Honors or College level:, College Calculus, College Chemistry, College Physics, Honors History, Honors Literature, Latin, Rhetoric|
|Average SAT score||1349|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Varies by grade level and occasion)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Half Day $7,100 Kindergarten Full Day $9,400 - $11,300 Grades 1-6 $14,060 - $14,440 Grades 7-12 $15,690 International Student Tuition $19,720|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Julie Marsh|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, SwimmingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Tie Club, Chess Club, Finance Club, Latin Certamen, Math Counts Club, Philosophy Club, Poetry Club, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Students for Life, Young Engineers and Scientists Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Grammar Choir - Rockbridge Academy Singers, Junior and Senior Soirees, Men's and Women's A-Cappella Singing Groups, Musical and Variety Show, Orchestra and Chamber Music, Rising Senior Grand Tour - Annual class 17-day trip to Europe
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Running Club, Swimming Club
- Rockbridge Academy is a classical Christian school which utilizes a time-proven method of education based on the Trivium. Rockbridge Academy is committed to offering a service to parents who are seeking a truly excellent education for their children, taught from a distinctively Christian world view.
- Rockbridge Academy is centrally located near Rt.97 and Rt. 32 and is especially convenient for families driving from the Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, and Bowie areas.
- Rockbridge Academy seeks to individually challenge children at all levels and to teach them how to learn. Through a proven, centuries-old pattern of education called the Trivium, students are taught using specific methods which correlate to their natural, God-given developmental stages. All subjects are taught as parts of an integrated whole with Scripture at the center as students are encouraged to become "thinking Christians" and to develop a solid, Christ-centered worldview.
- Our graduates earned an average of $45,000 in college aid/scholarships each for their first year of college!
- The really important news is that in cooperation with the efforts of their parents and churches, graduates head off to college grounded in their faith and confident in applying Christian thinking to the world around them. They are poised young men and women of godly character who are prepared to stand for their faith in all situations.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glen Burnie Grades: PK-12 | 273 students
7823 Oakwood Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410)761-1118 5.3 PK-12
The Rockbridge community is a family, and it's been a hardship to be apart from it physically these past few months! Our children are eager to partake in summer camps with their beloved teachers and dear friends as soon as it is possible. What a joy it is to know that when our children are at school, they are loved as a whole people by the teachers and staff, other parents and their friends. The grammar school awards ceremonies, this year taking place online, are a testament to the way in which our children are loved. The teachers recognize in each individual child those characteristics which make her an original creation in the Lord and they take care to point out the areas each child has grown throughout the year. In addition, the children receive recognition for their achievement in academics and outstanding performance and commitment to the study of music, art and PE, all of which underpin their education as a whole person - heart, mind, body, and soul.
- Posted by Parent - KA
Since choosing Rockbridge for our child's education when he began Kindergarten we continue to receive affirmation about our decision. The teachers and staff are fully and lovingly committed to the students' success in academics as well as developing godly character. The academic program is comprehensive, and all subjects are presented from a biblical worldview. Due to the exceptional nature of the music and arts program people have wondered whether this was a music and arts school. There are many athletic opportunities as well.
- Posted by Parent - mcw
My family has been in the Rockbridge Community for almost 20 years. Throughout that time, we've seen students and teachers change slightly, but the character of both is still outstanding. I know the school set me up for success in college, career, and personal life. The teachers are deeply invested in their students and work alongside parents to help them grow academically and spiritually, and the students are always striving to do their best to the glory of God. Being surrounded by peers who were striving to grow and do good was a huge motivator for me throughout my education.I highly recommend Rockbridge to any families who want to see their kids become a part of a new community, receive a rich education, and get excited to share their knowledge with those around them.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hylscr
Both our children are in their fourth year at Rockbridge Academy. Our educational journey began as a homeschool family, and we later needed to find a school to place them. At the core of our search was a school that was Christ-centered and where parents were considered the primary educators of their child(ren). At Rockbridge, we have found that and more. Education there is perceived as the exploring, unpacking and understanding of God's creation, and this philosophy undergirds every subject area. They follow a classical curriculum, which essentially translates to an education that aligns with a child's natural development. The fruit of this form of education has been wonderful to witness as a parent. What really has been the "clincher" for my husband and I is the way they handle discipline. At the heart is forgiveness and restoration of the student. I am so incredibly grateful for the education they are receiving there and that they experience the Lord's grace there and at home.
- Posted by Parent - Johanna
We believe Rockbridge Academy is superior to any other school in this area. Teachers sincerely love their students and want them to succeed. In addition to a very strong academic program students are taught about their Creator and along with parents are trained in godly character. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from. The school culture fosters a strong sense of community.
- Posted by Parent - dcew
My family has been part of the Rockbridge Academy community for a dozen years. I can recommend the school without hesitation. What makes it so great? Lots of things, but I'll name a couple. First, the teachers. They are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about their subjects and about their own Christian faith. They have, without exception, loved my kids by caring about them and challenging and encouraging them to strive for growth in godly character and instilling in them a love of learning. Another of the school's strengths is a challenging curriculum focusing, as mentioned above, on a love for learning. The curriculum follows the natural stages of development as a student matures from kindergarten through 12th grade. The challenges have exercised my kids' "learning muscles" in a good way, but not so much that it is overwhelming. (Note: administrators and teachers are happy to work with any students who are feeling overwhelmed to guide them through difficulties and make accommodations as appropriate.) Is Rockbridge perfect in every way? No. Of course not. What school is? But I'm thankful for the teachers and administrators who truly desire to honor Christ and serve the families in the pursuit of truth, beauty, and goodness.
- Posted by Parent - tajpc
Great education taught with a Christian worldview. I compared a lot of schools before selecting Rockbridge Academy and this was by far the best program for my children. Now graduated, my son is working on his Master's in Engineering; he was well prepared for higher education and the world.
- Posted by Parent - cindy
The academic program is excellent. I appreciate the emphasis put on teaching students how to process their thoughts logically and speak before an audience. The teachers are awesome and the administration is helpful.
- Posted by Parent - crbns
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.