Archbishop Carroll High School
- Archbishop Carroll High School is a co-educational, International Baccalaureate school under the direction of the Archdiocese of Washington.
- We welcome a diverse student body from over 40 nationalities, sixty zip codes and forty feeder schools.
- We empower a wide array of students to think critically, creatovely and morally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,640|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available through TADS. Archdiocesan employees receive a 50% tuition rate. Merit scholarships are available for students with exceptional academic potential.|
|Admissions Director||TIffani Scurlock|
- 99% of the Class of 2014 were accepted to college; 25% were admitted to top 50 selective colleges (US News)
- 2014 graduates received $123,000 average in college scholarships.
- 1:9 student teacher ratio
- School wide gains in I.B. scores every since the implemementation of the program
- Generous donors support carroll with over $2 million per year, an average of $4,700 per student
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BladensburgGrades: 9-12 | 543 students
5715 Emerson Street
Bladensburg, MD 20710
- District HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 870 students
6800 Marlboro Pike
District Heights, MD 20747
- WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 1130 students
2607 Military Road NW, Chevy Chase
Washington, DC 20015
- WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 490 students
1524 35th St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
- WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 965 students
19 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.