Monroe KinderCare Photo #2 - This is Ella one of our infants practicing tummy time outside on a beautiful day.
Monroe KinderCare Photo #3 - Our babies engage in many different sensory activities throughout the day. Here is James enjoying getting his foot painted for a footprint art project.
Monroe KinderCare Photo #5 - Our babies are working on their eye hand coordination during Bubble Play!!!
Monroe KinderCare Photo #7 - Exploring foods!! Our toddlers work on their eye hand coordination, cause and effect and fine motor skills as they learn how to cut a variety of different foods.
Monroe KinderCare Photo #8 - Sensory Exploration!! This is our toddler Carter smelling a fresh cut flower during our Plants and Garden theme!
Monroe KinderCare Photo #9 - One theme in our Toddler room is Growing Gardens. Here, the children are exploring soil and gardening tools in our Sensory Table during Discovery Time!
- The teachers at the Monroe KinderCare are passionate about what they do! They have their Bachelor's degree, Associates degree or Child Development Credential to back up what they know! We offer an environment where every teacher is educated and professional, even wearing our standard dress code daily to further demonstrate our professional environment.
- Some of our teachers have been here since our center opened in 2002 and our average tenure is five years.
- Our whole team participates in continuing education through monthly staff meetings and company wide trainings that are held twice a year.
- Our teachers offer 100% customer service to every family here at our center and are proud of what we do! Our building is neat, clean, and organized showcasing our learning environments. They have amazing commitment and outstanding personalities!.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our experts designed our classrooms-- and every activity and lesson--to help prepare your child for success in school and beyond. With designated learning centers such as dramatic play, art, blocks and sensory in every classroom, children have the opportunity for child-initiated discovery and social play. You will also find that our classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully selected materials, written charts and labels, and children's literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print, we are helping develop early literacy and writing skills. We believe in developing the whole child with an emphasis on assisting your child's growth with their social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we are excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning! We approach our programs hoping to make this a great "first school" experience for your child to set them up for success in life!
- The health and safety of our students and staff is our main priority here at KinderCare. In order to ensure that this is a safe place and a secure environment, we have a number of safeguards in place. We secure the building with a coded alarm system, the code to which is only given to our staff and families. We update the code at least every six months so that families that no longer attend or staff that no longer works here do not have access to our building. Visitors to our center must ring a doorbell and be greeted by a staff member in order to enter the building. Our entire staff (with the exceptions of new hires) is certified in CPR and First Aid and at least one medication certified staff member is in the building at all times. We do daily exterior checks for safety hazards, monthly whole center checks and monthly safety training/discussions to ensure that our building is a safe place for our students and staff.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Care For Kids, DCF, NACCRRA
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monroe Grades: NS-K
288 Monroe Turnpike
Monroe, CT 06468
(203)544-2110 0.9 NS-K
- Monroe Grades: 4-12 | 15 students
15 Pepper St
Monroe, CT 06468
(203)268-0627 2.4 4-12
- Shelton Grades: NS | 234 students
338 Walnut Tree Hill Road
Shelton, CT 06484
(203)925-1076 2.5 NS
- Monroe Grades: PK-K | 65 students
477 Main Street
Monroe, CT 06468
(203)261-6330 2.6 PK-K
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.