Fraser Woods Montessori School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (203) 426-3390
Founded in 1968 as Newtown Montessori School. Accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Members of the National Association of Independent Schools Members of the Educational Records Bureau
Montessori Schools of Connecticut American Montessori Society (AMS) Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies by program level|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Alison Kistner|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Extended Work Day|
- Fraser Woods Montessori School is an independent school for children 15 months to 8th grade. A Montessori education is an innovative child-centered approach to learning where students can learn at their own individual pace in a hands-on, collaborative environment. In addition to our core academics, we also offer enrichment classes in art, foreign language, music, Makerspace, physical education and athletics for a well-rounded, comprehensive education. Fraser Woods provides numerous opportunities for students to find their passions and reach their maximum potential. Please visit the school`s website: www.fraserwoods.com to learn more or contact Alison Kistner, Director of Admissions 203-426-3390 ext 305.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newtown Grades: NS-8 | 145 students
40 Dodgingtown Rd
Newtown, CT 06470
(203) 364-1113 3.8 NS-8
- Danbury Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 744-8088 7.7 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 830-3916 11 NS-12
- Northfield Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
5 Knife Shop Road
Northfield, CT 06778
(860) 283-5920 23.7 PK-6
We have one graduate, one incoming student and two current students at Fraser Woods. It is a terrific Montessori school that creates an environment that allows each student to develop at their pace. The inclusive and collaborative environment also promotes social development that I find unique and refreshing. The school caters to the individual and engages parents in the learning journey. It places the educational emphasis on understanding the concept behind an approach, idea or formula. In this way, children learn how to problem solve and learn to appreciate the different ways to do this. While Montessori's roots are now over 100 years old, the educational philosophy is more relevant today than it was then.
- Posted by Parent - Oliver S
Children love to learn at Fraser Woods Montessori School! Visit the school and you'll feel the kids' joy as they're spread out in the classrooms or halls, conferring together or concentrating deeply on their own. In addition to a fine academic program, FWM provides a safe community where children learn compassion, self confidence, and a sense of social responsibility.
- Posted by Parent - Robert Schultz
Wonderful place! Involved parents and nice environment. Lots of extra things the children get exposed to.
- Posted by Parent - janeb
Love this school and the Montessori philosophy! This is a beautiful way to learn and I have been fortunate to have found this for my two children. We''ve been here for 8 years
- Posted by Parent - helen
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.