Washington Montessori School
The Montessori math curriculum involves using concrete tools or manipulatives to help students learn the basic concepts.
The Lower School students (3-6 year olds) are curious about the world and the Montessori materials help them learn about geography and maps.
- Established in 1965, Washington Montessori School is an independent, coeducational day school distinguished by one-on-one attention from teachers and a rigorous curriculum, helping students in pre-K through eighth grade develop the self-confidence and academic skills they need to become self-reliant adults.
- WMS also offers programs before and after school hours.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||252 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $12,000-$26,000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Laura Martin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||afterschool programs, Outdoor Club Outdoor Club, afterschool programs,|
- - Personalized Education - Collaborative Community - Character Development - Dedicated Teachers - Challenging Academics
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- NewtownGrades: NS-8 | 175 students
173 S Main St
Newtown, CT 06470
- NorthfieldGrades: NS-6 | 82 students
5 Knife Shop Road
Northfield, CT 06778
- PawlingGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
64 E Main St
Pawling, NY 12564
- WaterburyGrades: PK-12 | 440 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
- DanburyGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.