- Saint Rose Academy is a private, co-educational Catholic elementary school, located in the Diocese of Birmingham, serving students from three-year-old kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Since its founding in 1956, it has been owned and operated by the Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia of Nashville, Tennessee.
- As a Catholic school, it takes its meaning and purpose from the role and mission of the Church.
- It exists for the benefit of the Catholic youth of the community and is open and extends a welcome to all who desire to attend regardless of race, religion and national or ethnic origin.
- We cooperate with the parents in their role as primary educators of their children in the Faith.
- The formation of each student as a unique child of God is a principal focus.
- Inspired by Christ’s words, “I came that they may have life and have it to the full,” we at St. Rose dedicate our apostolate to providing a Catholic education in a nurturing environment that promotes the growth -- spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical -- of the whole child.
- Fully aware of the accelerating changes in society, we work diligently to lead our students in an unending pursuit of truth, goodness, and beauty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,340|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts are available for families with multiple children. Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Vivian Hults|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Forensics, Knights of the Altar, Little Flower Club, Little Giants Drama Club, Rosary Club, Treble Choir Choir, Forensics, Rosary Club, Treble Choir, Knights of the Altar,
Little Flower Club,
Little Giants Drama Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: PK-6 | 213 students
1650 28th Ct S
Birmingham, AL 35209
BirminghamGrades: PK-8 | 315 students
2019 6th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
BirminghamGrades: PK-8 | 458 students
1720 Oxmoor Rd
Birmingham, AL 35209
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 141 students
1620 4th Ct W
Birmingham, AL 35208
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 83 students
829 Mcmillon Ave Sw
Birmingham, AL 35211
Imagine a school with one class per grade, where students encourage each other, discipline is NOT frowned upon and students want to do well. Well, that is Saint Rose. I have been a parent there since 2006,and I have never questioned our decision to send our children here. Have there been trying times? Yes. Have there been some disappointing times? Yes. But when you have children who like to go to school, and ask when it's time to go back to school while on break...Well, money can't buy that. The coolest part, the sisters are women who have entered a congregation that teaches without pay, and they still do it!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - Kimi5
This is an extraordinary school! The faculty and staff are truly attentive. Over 90% of the graduating 8th graders place in honors algebra or geometry. We are thrilled that our children are enrolled under the direct supervision of the Dominican Sisters.
- Posted by Parent - stkat
Saint Rose is a wonderful school! I have experienced the benefits of a Christ-centered education with the highest educational standards for both my children and grandchildren who have attended and are attending the school.
- Posted by Parent - oldna
My child has attended St. Rose for two years, and we are very excited about the upcoming school year. We feel that the quality of education is top-notch because of the dedication of the sisters, the staff, and the families. We love the small, intimate feel of the school, and I am very pleased with the Christ-centered, family-focused atmosphere. Latin is being introduced as a part of the normal course of study to better prepare children for the introduction of other romance languages and to improve vocabulary, reading, and spelling skills. This is not the most tech-savvy school (and I''m happy about that), but there is interest in increasing the IT capacity in each classroom with smart boards and personal computing devices (i.e., iPads for note taking) that would support the current curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - valer
Not only is out daughter receiving a wonderful education, but more importantly she is becoming dependent upon God. I have never seen so much love among teachers and students. The teachers truly want her to be the best she can be. The discipline is amazing and is executed in a loving way. This school is helping mold my daughter into a productive member of society and for that I am grateful!
- Posted by Parent - krist
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.