Housatonic Valley Waldorf School
- Education that cultivates curiousity
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance and scholarships are available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Therese Lederer|
- The Housatonic Valley Waldorf School provides a challenging classical education and is dedicated to academic excellence in a non-competitive environment.
- The curriculum covers, in depth, all basic academic skills, while strengthening the student's moral purpose and artistic sense.
- It is designed to introduce each subject at the appropriate developmental stage in the student's life.
- At the core of the Waldorf philosophy is the belief that knowledge is best learned experientially as well as academically.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danbury Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)744-8088 4 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)830-3916 7.2 NS-12
- Bethlehem Grades: 3-12 | 57 students
21 Arch Bridge Rd
Bethlehem, CT 06751
(203)266-8031 18.6 3-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.