Ridgefield Academy Photo #2 - For children ages 2-4, Landmark Preschool offers a full day program centered around joyful learning.
Ridgefield Academy Photo #3 - Our 42 acre campus offers some of the best views in Fairfield and Westchester Counties! Our faculty use these spectacular grounds as an extension of their classroom.
Ridgefield Academy Photo #4 - With small class sizes, teachers embrace an individualistic teaching approach in which each student is known, heard, and respected. Students are encouraged to take risks and question the world around them to become strong, independent thinkers.
Ridgefield Academy Photo #5 - All K-8 students experience hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) lessons every week.
Ridgefield Academy Photo #6 - Ridgefield Academy's visual and performing arts curriculum encourages students to express their creativity and stretch their imaginations in a wide variety of activities designed to build confidence and promote personal growth and discovery.
Ridgefield Academy Photo #7 - Beginning in the Lower School, public speaking and writing skills are emphasized in the curriculum. Students learn how to compose well constructed essays and deliver presentations with confidence. The culminating public speaking event of their RA career takes place at graduation, when each graduate delivers reflective remarks.
Ridgefield Academy Photo #8 - Our physical education and competitive athletics programs promote fitness, good sportsmanship, and teamwork. Students in grades 6 - 8 are required to participate in one of our many sports offerings each of the three seasons
Ridgefield Academy Photo #9 - The Bridge is Ridgefield Academy's high-tech digital arts facility. Projects in The Bridge are designed to be cross-curricular and work in coordination with history, science, literature and world language lessons. A computer lab offers students programs including Photoshop, Garageband, and Final Cut Pro.
Ridgefield Academy/Landmark Preschool is a Preschool - Grade 8 program by design.
The school offers substantive academics that foster joyful learning within a supportive and vibrant learning community.
Each RA student benefits from small class sizes, individual attention, and a culture that encourages them to take risks and find their voice. An intellectually inspiring curriculum ensures that students engage in learning that is both comprehensive and meaningful to their lives.
At RA, your child will benefit from teachers and curriculum that are positioned to deliver in any learning scenario.
- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 448 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- GRADE 8 STUDENTS FOUND RIDGEFIELD ACADEMY STUDENT COUNCIL - 06/30/2021Grade 8 students worked together to create change and establish the Ridgefield Academy Student Council for students in Grades 6 - 8.
- RIDGEFIELD ACADEMY CELEBRATES THE CLASS OF 2021 - 06/15/202119 self-assured Grade 8 students graduated in an outdoor ceremony on Heus Field in June 2021, marking the end of their academic journey at RA.
- COMPUTATIONAL THINKING AND TECHNOLOGY AT RA - 05/25/2021A behind-the-scenes look at the innovative Technology curriculum at RA through the lens of computational thinking.
- GUIDING TECHNOLOGY USE AS PARENTS - 02/18/2021The pandemic created a time of increased isolation and decreased connection, which simultaneously created a boom in the number of devices and screen time to which children have access. Certainly, there has been a need for device time for school, and for many grades at RA, we provided a Chromebook computer to students who didn`t already have their own device, enabling them to do more than just join Google Meets. During the parent technology evening, we talked a bit about the ways that we keep students safe technologically and programmatically while on campus. But, particularly for the non-school owned devices your children use, there are several things you might consider as you work to keep your child safe while online at home and on the road.
- PARENTS PARTNER WITH RA TO RESURFACE HEUS FIELD - 10/28/2020The resurfacing of Heus Field was completed in 2020, celebrated with a distanced outdoor ceremony, and has been enjoyed by students every day since.
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(khaki, white and navy)
(khaki, white and navy)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 15 / rolling
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts, Athletics, cooking, etc., STEM
Arts, Athletics, cooking, etc., STEM
Ridgefield Academy is a Preschool - Grade 8 program by design. The school offers substantive academics that foster joyful learning within a supportive and vibrant learning community. Small class sizes, individual attention, and a culture that encourages students to take risks and speak their mind promise that each student is seen, understood, and encouraged to rise to their best self. An active and meaningful Kindergarten and Grade 8 buddy program, robust school-wide service learning activities, and grade 6-8 interdisciplinary weeks offer examples of a program designed with intentional connectedness. Guided by its Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning, RA`s intellectually inspiring curriculum ensures that students engage in learning that is both comprehensive and meaningful to their lives. Students find the power of their voices during class discussions, collaboration with their peers, and public speaking. At every age, RA students build a strong foundation as authentically self-assured individuals who have a strong sense of self, love to learn, and move forward without fear. They graduate prepared for success in even the most challenging high school programs and beyond. Rest assured, your child will learn this year. Whether class happens in person, remote or a through hybrid of both, Ridgefield Academy can assure you:
- Your child will be inspired and challenged to learn from a skilled teacher who has prepared to teach in any scenario
- Your child`s social and emotional well-being will be supported in tandem with their academic growth.
- New technology allows students to learn from home while engaging in classroom activities
Profile last updated: 09/02/2021
RA is a very special place filled with love and kindness. I have a child in 2nd, 5th, and 6th grade who all enjoy learning and can`t wait to go to school, they truly love their school! The teachers challenge them and help each student on an individual level, helping them succeed at their highest potential. Every staff member knows every child and every student has respect for all of their classmates. This is a happy environment and the best place for a child to grow with confidence, kindness, and academic success. We love our RA family.
Ridgefield Academy is a top-notch school nestled into a beautiful campus in Ridgefield, CT. The facilities, including the air quality, are clean and healthy. The staff and teachers are quite simply amazing. The curriculum is structured and supported by scientific evidence-based research.
We are so happy with our children`s experience at Ridgefield Academy. The smaller class sizes, individual attention, stimulating learning environment, a close-knit community, and the safe climate on campus all contribute to an outstanding education. All around a great private school!
Ridgefield Academy has been a wonderful school for our children. It is a warm and supportive community of caring teachers and talented administrators who partner with parents to bring out the best in kids. They understand that learning can be both joyful and challenging and that children learn best when they feel known and valued. All 4 of my children have truly thrived there.
Ridgefield Academy reaches every student at his or her level and offers an integrated curriculum that fosters critical thinking skills, collaboration, and public speaking. The teachers are caring and supportive, and the culture is wonderfully warm. What a great place for a child to develop not only great skills, but confidence!! So happy we found RA!
Endorse Ridgefield Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.