5.00 (1 review)
Individualized teaching instruction in a challenging and supportive environment allows our students to take risks, question the world around them, and become strong, independent thinkers.
The Bridge is Ridgefield Academy's high-tech digital arts facility. Projects in The Bridge are designed to be cross-curricular and work in coordination with history, science, literature and world language lessons. A computer lab offers students programs including Photoshop, Garageband, and Final Cut Pro.
Our physical education and competitive athletics programs promote fitness, good sportsmanship, and teamwork. Students in grades 6 - 8 are required to participate in one of our many sports offerings each of the three seasons.
Our preschool, Landmark Preschool, offers a highly successful full-day program for 2 - 4 year old children. Our preschool teachers provide differentiated learning strategies to best meet each child's needs.
The Summit Building is home to Landmark Preschool (ages 2 - 4 ) and our Lower School (Kindergarten - grade 3).
Innovation Lab is Ridgefield Academy's hands-on, creative approach to teaching STEM subjects. Incorporated into the science curriculum as a weekly class, Innovation Lab provides an opportunity for students to learn how machines operate, design their own technology projects, and explore the fundamentals of computer coding.
Our state-of-the-art Kitchen Lab allows students to explore math, science, and nutrition through the art of cooking.
Ridgefield Academy's visual and performing arts curriculum encourages students to express their creativity and stretch their imaginations in a wide variety of activities designed to build confidence and promote personal growth and discovery.
- Ridgefield Academy is a co-educational, independent day school for students enrolled in preschool through eighth grade.
- The mission of Ridgefield Academy is to educate and encourage students to become knowledgeable, independent thinkers who are passionate about learning and embrace new challenges with confidence and enthusiasm. We maintain high academic standards and emphasize the importance of responsibility, respect, and service to others in all areas of school life.
- We strive to be an inclusive, diverse and close-knit community where our students are valued, supported and inspired to excel.
- Ridgefield Academy empowers every child to realize his or her full potential by bringing together academic excellence, innovative programming and a diverse, supportive community.
- Thanks to talented teachers and small class sizes, we can take teaching out of the textbooks and bring lessons to life with memorable experiences. When children learn by doing, they care more, remember more and are empowered to achieve more.
- The result Students who are motivated, joyful and engaged in their learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki, white and navy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Range: 24,720-36,050|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,791|
|Admissions Director||David Suter|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Alzapiedi|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts, Athletics, cooking, etc., STEM Arts, Athletics, cooking, etc., STEM,|
- From the earliest days of preschool to the final days of eighth grade, our school community is defined by close, caring relationships, solid values, and a strong partnership between home and school. Beyond academic achievement, these are the qualities that make a Ridgefield Academy education so valuable.At Ridgefield Academy, our central goal is to help students gain the knowledge, skills, strength of character, and confidence to go forward and lead lives filled with promise. We believe this is the essence of a good education, and it is what matters the most.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DanburyGrades: PK-12
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
- New CanaanGrades: 5-12 | 565 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
- DanburyGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
- Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
- KatonahGrades: 6-12 | 355 students
260 Jay St
Katonah, NY 10536
Ridgefield Academy reaches every student at his or her level and offers an integrated curriculum that fosters critical thinking skills, collaboration, and public speaking. The teachers are caring and supportive, and the culture is wonderfully warm. What a great place for a child to develop not only great skills, but confidence!! So happy we found RA!
- Posted by Parent - karar
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.