- The Ridgefield Academy (RA) is a co-educational, independent day school for students enrolled in preschool through eighth grade. We are preK-8 by design. The foundation for life-long learning is established during these critical years. Our model allows for early and genuine leadership opportunities as well as age appropriate activities and events in a safe environment without the distraction of high school.
- The Ridgefield Academy and Landmark Preschool community celebrates childhood, pursues excellence, and cultivates kindness. Our educational program is intellectually inspiring, and we foster joyful learning and mutual respect in all that we do. We empower each student to rise to their authentic self, preparing confident graduates who shape their future with ingenuity and integrity.
- Our Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning guides our talented teachers in examining the act of teaching, not merely the subject, as well as the process of learning. We are able to take teaching out of the textbooks and bring lessons to life with memorable experiences.
- Small class sizes afford our students a unique opportunity to test and stretch their imaginations, and unleash academic excellence that is inspired, not forced.
- Great emphasis is placed on oral and written communication skills beginning as early as preschool. In Lower, Middle and Upper School, students participate in a formal public speaking curriculum and are given many opportunities to practice their skills through class activities, project presentations and dramatic performances.
- Our Service Learning program combines community service opportunities with classroom lessons and advisory programs. It is a compliment to our school's character education piece, which teaches the value of good student citizenship. RA students are encouraged and empowered to become thoughtful, reflective citizens who are inspired to serve as active agents within their community.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki, white and navy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Range: 24,720-36,050|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,791|
|Admissions Director||David Suter|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Alzapiedi|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts, Athletics, cooking, etc., STEM
- Childhood is celebrated at Ridgefield Academy. This is at the center of all we do in the classroom, on the field and even in the lunchroom! Our great passion is knowing our students as individuals within our vibrant community and helping them rise to their authentic selves. We believe education is more than a series of tests and a body of knowledge to memorize. Guided by our Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning, students engage in a comprehensive and intellectually inspiring curriculum that is meaningful to their lives. Our talented teachers create a forward-thinking educational experience for their students, one that is rooted in a keen understanding of child and adolescent development. Students find the power of their voices during class discussions, collaboration with their peers, and public speaking. Their self-assuredness blossoms as hidden talents unfold through participation in a new sport (there are 14 to choose from!), service learning and the arts. Our students are challenged to pursue excellence, and they do so knowing they have the support of the entire community. They learn how to learn and as they discover the world, they discover themselves. On this journey of becoming, RA students have the confidence to not only ask "Why?" but "Why Not?" They graduate prepared for success in even the most challenging high school programs and beyond.
- Westchester and Fairfield County families enjoy easy access to our beautiful 42-acre campus. Busing of New York students is free within 15 miles of campus. Nurture the wonder of becoming for your child at Ridgefield Academy.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danbury Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
91 Miry Brook Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)830-3916 5.4 NS-12
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 565 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 7.5 5-12
- Danbury Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
44a Shelter Rock Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)744-8088 8.4 PK-8
- Greens Farms Grades: PK-12 | 713 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
(203)256-7501 16.8 PK-12
- Bethel Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
24 Dodgingtown Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
(203)744-2922 9.2 PK-8
Ridgefield Academy reaches every student at his or her level and offers an integrated curriculum that fosters critical thinking skills, collaboration, and public speaking. The teachers are caring and supportive, and the culture is wonderfully warm. What a great place for a child to develop not only great skills, but confidence!! So happy we found RA!
- Posted by Parent - karar