- Here at Bethel KinderCare we pride ourselves on our educated and experienced staff.
- The teachers here are passionate about early childhood education and it shows in their classrooms and in their interactions with the children.
- We believe in ongoing parent/ teacher communication so we can bridge the gap between home and school.
- You can find out more about our dedicated staff in the biographies below.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to the Bethel KinderCare. We have been proudly serving local families for 25 years! Our center accepts children ages six weeks to twelve years old. We bus to the Newtown schools and the Bethel public schools pick-up and drop-off here. We would love a chance to meet you and your family, please call 203-792-6991 to schedule a tour.
Here at the Bethel KinderCare the safety and health of our students is our top priority. We have a coded entry system and secure locks on all outside fences and doors. Our local police regularly drive through our parking lot to check on us. To keep the children healthy we have a cleaning crew that comes at night, laundry facilities for center items, and a sanitizer for toys and all kitchen equipment. In addition to our teachers being CPR and First Aid certified, we have a nurse on staff who visits weekly.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Care for Kids DCF NACCRRA
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redding Grades: PK-K | 108 students
20 Portland Avenue
Redding, CT 06896
(203)544-8393 10.8 PK-K
- Sandy Hook Grades: PK-K | 55 students
92 Church Hill Rd
Sandy Hook, CT 06482
(203)426-6149 4.9 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.