Fairfield Country Day School
- Fairfield Country Day School is an independent school for boys, grades pre kindergarten through 9.
- Founded in 1936, Fairfield Country Day provides an educational community dedicated to the personal growth and intellectual development of boys.
- Small class sizes allow teachers to gain an in depth knowledge of each boys’ learning style.
- That knowledge enables teachers to foster the enjoyment of learning and achieve academic success.
- The curriculum is designed for the mastery of core subjects while providing a range of broader offerings.
- Fairfield Country Day School prepares students to succeed in the most demanding secondary schools while identifying their personal passions and academic interests.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, button down shirt, tie, blazer)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 8|
|Admissions Director||Joe Isola|
|Admissions Associate||Jesse Crouch|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, SquashBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
- Fairfield Country Day School educates the whole student— intellectual, emotional, social, physical and moral. Inside the classroom, out on the playing field, or in the dining room, faculty use all aspects of the day as learning opportunities. The extraordinary sense of community and individual attention to each student provide an environment that fosters intellectual and personal growth throughout each day. Teachers recognize each student’s accomplishments and encourage resiliency through the challenges that they may confront. To instill strong ethics and morals, all members of the community are expected to live by the school honor code. The core principles of integrity and respect are evident throughout daily life at Country Day.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BridgeportGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
- StratfordGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
500 Wigwam Lane
Stratford, CT 06614
- New RochelleGrades: PK-8 | 208 students
173 Stratton Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
- FairfieldGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
605 Stratfield Rd
Fairfield, CT 06825
- GreenwichGrades: PK-12 | 964 students
100 Maher Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.