St. Mark School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (203) 375-4291
- St. Mark School is a private elementary (PreK-Grade 8) Roman Catholic School in Stratford, CT. St. Mark School has been recognized by the US Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence.
- Our academic program encompasses full time Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The expectations and challenges of our curriculum prepare our students for the moral, intellectual, social, technological and physical demands of today's society. Rooted in Gospel values and committed to the highest standardsof academic excellence, our teachers dedicate themselves to providing our students with comprehensive, challenging, education.
- Teachers provide students with the knowledge and tools that are necessary to reach their potiential as young adults.
- Christian values and moral prinicples are not only taught and modeled by our teachers. St. Mark School is blessed with an active and supportive parent community.
- Parent involvement in the school exemplifies a strong commitment to Catholic education and contributes to the success and excellence of our school.
- St. Mark School Expands Preschool Program - 02/27/2020 - St. Mark Little Lions Preschool is expanding capacity from 25 students to 40 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- St. Mark School Gets $10K Grant For Educating The Whole Child - 02/03/2020 - St. Mark School's principal was awarded $9,632 by Foundations in Education for her Innovation and Leadership Grant.
St. Mark School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1 and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Blue slacks/Plaid jumper or skirt/white shirt or blouse/boys wear ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance Available through Bishop's Scholarship Fund|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,250|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Sciallo|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Mad Science, National Honor Society, Scouts, Student Service Club, Zumba
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama Club / Play
- St. Mark School is committed to providing students with a challenging academic curriculum while fostering a respectful and caring learning environment.
- We have state-of-the-art computer and science labs, along with dedicated, caring teachers and staff.
- St. Mark students consistently receive excellent scores on annual achievement tests. This strong foundation serves our children well in high school, college and beyond.
- Our educational goals, objectives, and programs are directed to the growth of the whole child, preparing them for the moral, physical, intellectual, social, and technological demands of today`s society.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 238 students
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203) 373-1552 4.9 PK-8
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
(203) 334-7585 7 PK-8
- Fairfield Grades: PK-9 | 252 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203) 259-2723 9.2 PK-9
St. Mark School is God's gem in Stratford! Teachers inspire their students in Christianity and creativity. They meet individual needs through small group instruction, intervention and enrichment. The facility is modest but fosters a close community and boasts science and Innovation Labs and technology. Parents are greatly involved and encouraged to be partners in their children's education. Students who attend St. Mark School are formed in self-discipline, responsibility and their Catholic faith while be valued and very well prepared for secondary school. Wouldn't recommend anyplace else!
- Posted by Parent - Alicia
If I had to do it all again, I would definitely enroll my children at St. Mark. Why? Because they were HAPPY there-and this helped pave the way for their success! Note: the coursework is challenging, and that coupled with the excellent teachers, helped both of my kids get into honors-level courses at St. Joes.
- Posted by Parent - Vickie
Moving to St. Mark School from the Public School system was such a blessing. The education community and overall atmosphere within the walls of St. Mark make our entire family feel at "home". I highly recommend this school to anyone that is looking for an exceptional learning environment filled with faith, friendship and a closely knit community of parents, students and faculty.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
Excellent school with challenging academics. My child thrived here and achieved a scholarship to the high school of her choice. There is no doubt that sending her to St. Mark School was an investment in her future. She has grown into a kind, confident and smart young teen that is also grateful for her education and all the opportunities that it has provided her with.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
Our child has benefited greatly from her education at the St. Mark School. The environment is warm and nuturing. The academic curriculum is challenging and creative. The principal and teachers do a wonderful job to challenge the students while helping instill the confidence they need to succeed (math, writing, science, public speaking, special projects, are all excellent). It's amazing how much children learn and accomplish at this school. Also, we love knowing that our child is growing up with strong Catholic values, while also learning about and respecting the many religions that people practice around the world. There are many fun seasonal social events, and opportunities to participate for good in the community. Families participate and volunteer in this tightly knit community. It's a special school. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - John
I graduated three years ago and miss my St. Mark family. St. Mark School prepared me well for high school. I am in all honors and Advanced Placement classes and getting A's and B's!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ajsci
My kids love it here! It's there home away from home. Safe and nurturing atmosphere, where students are challenged to reach their fullest potential.
- Posted by Parent - tscia
This school is run very well, concerns addressed, safety is a top priority and the teachers are professional, courteous, and kind. A great family atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - ken
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.