St. Mark School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. Mark School is a private elementary (PreK-Grade 8) Roman Catholic School in Stratford, CT. St. Mark School has been recognized by the US Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence.
- Our academic program encompasses full time Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The expectations and challenges of our curriculum prepare our students for the moral, intellectual, social, technological and physical demands of today's society. Rooted in Gospel values and committed to the highest standardsof academic excellence, our teachers dedicate themselves to providing our students with comprehensive, challenging, education.
- Teachers provide students with the knowledge and tools that are necessary to reach their potiential as young adults.
- Christian values and moral prinicples are not only taught and modeled by our teachers. St. Mark School is blessed with an active and supportive parent community.
- Parent involvement in the school exemplifies a strong commitment to Catholic education and contributes to the success and excellence of our school.
- Whether serving pancakes, designing flyers, or coordinating school events, parent volunteers are valued and greatly appreciated!.
St. Mark School places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1 and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Blue slacks/Plaid jumper or skirt/white shirt or blouse/boys wear ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,740|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance Available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Sciallo|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Mad Science, National Honor Society, Runners Club, Scouts, Student Service Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama Club / Play
- St. Mark School is committed to providing students with a challenging academic curriculum while fostering a respectful and caring learning environment.
- We have state-of-the-art computer and science labs, along with dedicated, caring teachers and staff.
- St. Mark students consistently receive excellent scores on annual achievement tests. This strong foundation serves our children well in high school, college and beyond.
- Our educational goals, objectives, and programs are directed to the growth of the whole child, preparing them for the moral, physical, intellectual, social, and technological demands of today`s society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
(203)334-5856 7 PK-8
- Fairfield Grades: PK-9 | 271 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)259-2723 9.2 PK-9
Our child has benefited greatly from her education at the St. Mark School. The environment is warm and nuturing. The academic curriculum is challenging and creative. The principal and teachers do a wonderful job to challenge the students while helping instill the confidence they need to succeed (math, writing, science, public speaking, special projects, are all excellent). It's amazing how much children learn and accomplish at this school. Also, we love knowing that our child is growing up with strong Catholic values, while also learning about and respecting the many religions that people practice around the world. There are many fun seasonal social events, and opportunities to participate for good in the community. Families participate and volunteer in this tightly knit community. It's a special school. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - John
I graduated three years ago and miss my St. Mark family. St. Mark School prepared me well for high school. I am in all honors and Advanced Placement classes and getting A's and B's!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ajsci
My kids love it here! It's there home away from home. Safe and nurturing atmosphere, where students are challenged to reach their fullest potential.
- Posted by Parent - tscia
This school is run very well, concerns addressed, safety is a top priority and the teachers are professional, courteous, and kind. A great family atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - ken
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?