St. Mark School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Mark School is a private elementary (PreK-Grade 8) Roman Catholic School in Stratford, CT. St. Mark School has been recognized by the US Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence.
- Our academic program encompasses Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The expectations and challenges of our curriculum prepare our students for the moral, intellectual, social, technological and physical demands of today's society. Rooted in Gospel values and committed to the highest standardsof academic excellence, our teachers dedicate themselves to providing our students with comprehensive, challenging, education.
- Teachers provide students with the knowledge and tools that are necessary to reach their potiential as young adults.
- Christian values and moral prinicples are not only taught and modeled by our teachers. St. Mark School is blessed with an active and supportive parent community.
- Parent involvement in the school exemplifies a strong commitment to Catholic education and contributes to the success and excellence of our school.
- Whether serving pancakes, designing flyers, or coordinating school events, parent volunteers are valued and greatly appreciated!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1 and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Blue slacks/Plaid jumper or skirt/white shirt or blouse/boys wear ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,740|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance Available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Sciallo|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Drama Club / Play, Mad Science, National Honor Society, Runners Club, Scouts, Student Service Club Altar Servers, Band, Mad Science, Runners Club, Scouts, Drama Club / Play,|
National Honor Society,
Student Service Club,
- St. Mark School is committed to providing students with a challenging academic curriculum while fostering a respectful and caring learning environment.
- We have state-of-the-art computer and science labs, along with dedicated, caring teachers and staff.
- St. Mark students consistently receive excellent scores on annual achievement tests. This strong foundation serves our children well in high school, college and beyond.
- Our educational goals, objectives, and programs are directed to the growth of the whole child, preparing them for the moral, physical, intellectual, social, and technological demands of today`s society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TrumbullGrades: K-12 | 424 students
575 White Plains Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
- StratfordGrades: PK-8 | 328 students
50 Harvey Place
Stratford, CT 06615
- FairfieldGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
1719 Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
- FairfieldGrades: PK-9 | 270 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
- BridgeportGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
I graduated three years ago and miss my St. Mark family. St. Mark School prepared me well for high school. I am in all honors and Advanced Placement classes and getting A's and B's!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ajsci
My kids love it here! It's there home away from home. Safe and nurturing atmosphere, where students are challenged to reach their fullest potential.
- Posted by Parent - tscia
This school is run very well, concerns addressed, safety is a top priority and the teachers are professional, courteous, and kind. A great family atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - ken
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.