St James School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- St. James serves the educational, spiritual, and social needs of 400 students in grades pre-k through eight and is part of the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Our home is located just next to Academy Hill in the heart of the beautful historic district of Stratford, Connecticut.
- St. James is a part of Stratford Catholic Regional School System.
- The mission of the Stratford Catholic Regional School System, is to assist the parents of the five Stratford Catholic parishes in teaching their children to know Jesus Christ within the Catholic faith, while providing a quality academic education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||328 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for PK ranges from $1,975 (3 Year 2 Day Program) to $8,475 for 4 Year 5 Day Extended Day Program) Click HERE to view full details.|
- St. James serves the educational, spiritual, and social needs of 400 students in grades pre-k through eight and is part of the Diocese of Bridgeport. Our home is located just next to Academy Hill in the heart of the beautful historic district of Stratford, Connecticut. St. James is a part of Stratford Catholic Regional School System. The mission of the Stratford Catholic Regional School System, is to assist the parents of the five Stratford Catholic parishes in teaching their children to know Jesus Christ within the Catholic faith, while providing a quality academic education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: NS-8 | 241 students
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203)373-1552 5.3 NS-8
We looked and visited multiple schools before sending our children to St. James. As soon as we walked into the St. James Open House, I was impressed with how polite, respectful and well behaved the students are. The school fosters a safe, caring and kind environment and it shows in the demeanor of the student body. My children`s teachers are knowledgeable and professional yet warm, approachable and invested in my children`s education. They offer a variety of extracurricular activities, have an active and engaging Afterschool program, hold summer camps and the PTA is very involved.
- Posted by Parent - JayL
We decided to send our children to St. James after visiting and researching multiple schools (both private and public) in the area. I am consistently impressed with the St. James student - the school fosters a kind, caring, and respectful environment, and it shows in the behavior of their students. They offer an array of extracurricular activities, differentiated education, emphasize experiential learning with numerous field trips (one of the best ways to learn), and have an active After School program which my children love to attend. They also have a Summer Camp which offers a variety of crafts, trips and activities to keep kids busy.
- Posted by Parent - JL
Being part of the St. James School community has been an amazing experience for my family. My child is so happy there and loves the principal, teachers, faculty, staff and classmates. My family and I feel as though we are part of a great and tight knit community. A community that only has the children's best interest in mind. The principal, teacher, faculty and staff invest a lot of time and effort into our children and it truly shows in the kids' progress and growth over the course of the years at the school. We have made great friends at St. James and are continuing to make friends as we continue to participate in all the fun events held at the school.
- Posted by Parent - kbutl
We are very happy with our choice to enroll our children in St. James. My children are excited to learn and are challenged by the curriculum. There are many activities in and out of school that everyone participates in which gives you a nice sense of family. We''ve made many wonderful friends since we''ve been at the school.
- Posted by Parent - Tmwri
St. James has been a wonderful school choice for both of our children. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are engaged, and the students support each other. Parent involvement and volunteering is required, which results in a true feeling of Family within the school. If you are interested in a nurturing environment that educates in traditional subjects as well as teaches responsibility, service, and caring for others, this is a great place for you.
- Posted by Parent - Smder
We are very happy that we chose St. James for our child. The families are supportive and teachers are caring and provide open communication. We have a new principal this year, which has been a wonderful addition to the school. The school offers a huge array of extracurricular activities in sports, music and the arts. The students are respectful and engage in learning.
- Posted by Parent - snick
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.