St Ann Academy
Tel: (203) 334-7585
- St. Ann Academy offers much more than just a strong academic program; we teach the entire student-mind, heart and spirit.
- We support your family-taught values of right and wrong and help in establishing the highest moral values.
- Our school environment is that of a caring community with the student at the center of all that we do."St. Ann`s is like family" - this is a phrase we hear over and over from alumni and newcomers alike, and it`s the characteristic that makes us most proud.
- Families with children of all ages, races and creeds gather together often for school events such as the Ice Cream Social, the Harvest Festival and Family Pasta Night, to name just a few.
- More importantly, the St. Ann community is quick to rally for those in need, evidenced continually in so many ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mock Trial, National Junior Honor Society, School Newspaper, Student Council|
- St. Ann Academy reflects the socio-economically and ethnically diverse population of Black Rock and the surrounding area. There is a very strong sense of community that is welcoming to all. Many families have been part of the St. Ann Academy community for several generations, and proudly point out a family member in Alumni Hall, where a gallery displays graduation photos of every class since the school`s founding in 1937. The school boasts of many long-standing traditions, as parents of today`s students recall childhood memories at events that still occur today. St. Ann Academy feels like one big family. Newcomers, alumni parents, teachers and staff form a strong school culture Families with children of all ages, races and creeds gather together often for events. More importantly, the St. Ann Academy community is quick to rally for those in need, evidenced continually in so many ways.
- People that viewed St Ann Academy also viewed these schools: St Andrew Academy, Bridgeport Hope School, Fairfield Country Day School, Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Raphael Academy and Easton Country Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-8 | 238 students
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203) 373-1552 4.3 PK-8
- Fairfield Grades: PK-9 | 252 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203) 259-2723 3.6 PK-9
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-3 | 210 students
324 Frank St
Bridgeport, CT 06604
(203) 333-6818 2.4 PK-3
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.