St. Ann Academy
St. Ann Academy offers much more than just a strong academic program; we teach the entire student-mind, heart and spirit.
We support your family-taught values of right and wrong and help in establishing the highest moral values.
Our school environment is that of a caring community with the student at the center of all that we do."St. Ann`s is like family" - this is a phrase we hear over and over from alumni and newcomers alike, and it`s the characteristic that makes us most proud.
Families with children of all ages, races and creeds gather together often for school events such as the Ice Cream Social, the Harvest Festival and Family Pasta Night, to name just a few.
More importantly, the St. Ann community is quick to rally for those in need, evidenced continually in so many ways.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 227 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Mock Trial, National Junior Honor Society, School Newspaper, Student Council
- St. Ann Academy reflects the socio-economically and ethnically diverse population of Black Rock and the surrounding area. There is a very strong sense of community that is welcoming to all. Many families have been part of the St. Ann Academy community for several generations, and proudly point out a family member in Alumni Hall, where a gallery displays graduation photos of every class since the school`s founding in 1937. The school boasts of many long-standing traditions, as parents of today`s students recall childhood memories at events that still occur today. St. Ann Academy feels like one big family. Newcomers, alumni parents, teachers and staff form a strong school culture Families with children of all ages, races and creeds gather together often for events. More importantly, the St. Ann Academy community is quick to rally for those in need, evidenced continually in so many ways.
Endorse St. Ann Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?