Montessori Academy Of Valparaiso
Tel: (219) 462-1932
- The Montessori School of Valparaiso is an educational facility intended to provide programs that stimulate the creativity, imagination and inquisitiveness of children.
- Classes incorporate physical, social and intellectual growth in a non-competitive environment.
- Activities presented are developed to promote a healthy child, who has a positive self-image and enjoys learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$535|
|Tuition Notes||We have several programs. Pricing depends on the program. I listed highest price 5 day,full day program|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dawn Tasher|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drums Alive, Kindermusik, Yogakids, Young Rembrandts|
- Toddler Program for children 18 months to 3 years old. The Program meets Monday-Friday from 8am-10am. Staff to student ratio is 1:5. Class maximum is 16.
- Preschool Program for children ages 3-5. The Program meets Monday-Friday from 8am-11am or 12pm-3pm. Staff to student ratio is 1:10. Class maximum is 30.
- Extended Preschool Program is for children who turn age 4 on or before August 1st. It meets Monday-Friday from 8am-1:30pm. Staff to student ratio is 1:8. Class maximum is 24.
- Kindergarten Program for children who turn 5 on or before August 1st. It meets Monday-Friday from 8am-1:30 pm. Staff to student ratio is 1:9. Class maximum is 27.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.