Montessori Academy In The Oaks
- Montessori Academy In The Oaks was incorporated as a not-for-profit school in January 1966.
- Extensive observations of the nature of childhood provide a strong foundation for Montessori education.
- Dr. Maria Montessori created unique materials and prepared environments to develop the whole child and to encourage the natural unfolding of each child's innate potential.
- Children at Montessori Academy In The Oaks learn at their own pace guided by highly specialized teachers.
- Adequate time is allowed for repetition and concentration so that each skill is mastered in developmental sequence.
- Emphasis is placed on acquiring a healthy respect for self, others, and the world around them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesterton Grades: PK-6 | 106 students
270 E Burdick Rd
Chesterton, IN 46304
(219)926-2359 16.4 PK-6
- Hammond Grades: PK-6 | 176 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
(219)932-5666 12.7 PK-6
- Hobart Grades: K | 125 students
480 W 61st Ave
Hobart, IN 46342
(219)945-0767 2.3 K
- Hobart Grades: PK-8 | 21 students
3528 St. Joseph Place
Hobart, IN 46342
(219)962-9999 4.5 PK-8
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.