Montessori Childrens Schoolhouse
- Montessori Childrens Schoolhouse is a parent-owned school implementing Montessori principles to develop independent, competent and socially responsible individuals.
- Our mission is to use qualified staff, enriched Montessori environments, and parental involvement to develop the social, emotional and cognitive needs of our culturally diverse student enrollment.
- The Montessori philosophy recognizes that a childs early years are the most formative and that a childs ability to acquire knowledge is enhanced through the manipulation of concrete material.
- The carefully prepared environment is structured to meet the individual needs of each child, thus allowing children to progress at their own pace.
- The environment is prepared to address all aspects of the childs development.
- The Montessori curriculum, which interrelates basic, scientific and cultural areas, is designed to provide materials and activities to furnish unlimited sources of discoveries and to offer constant challenges to be mastered.
- Our goal is to enable children not only to develop an appreciation of learning, but also to develop to their potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Grades: K-12 | 282 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
(219)228-2750 1.3 K-12
- Hammond Grades: PK-8 | 442 students
4329 Cameron Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
(219)932-2686 2.1 PK-8
- East Chicago Grades: K-8 | 144 students
4930 Indianapolis Blvd
East Chicago, IN 46312
(219)398-1316 2.5 K-8
- Hobart Grades: PK-3 | 68 students
2109 57th St
Hobart, IN 46342
(219)942-9410 12.7 PK-3
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.