City Baptist Schools
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 253 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- City Baptist Schools are part of the school system that is incorporated under the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana. The school board is comprised of the Board of Deacons of the church and is elected by the church membership. Dr. Jack Schaap is the Superintendent of Schools. Dr. Dave Douglass serves as the principal of City Baptist Schools. The purpose for City Baptist Schools is to teach young people to live lives that are pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ. Whether through academic endeavors, athletics, social life, or working a "secular" job; our students are taught that everything is to be done as unto Christ. Our rules are made to guide the students to discipline themselves and to help them know and do what would please the Saviour. Our academics are designed to equip the student to pursue whatever endeavors God may have in mind for them. Our athletics and social events are to help our students to learn to interrelate with each other in such a way that even in "having fun," Jesus can be pleased and glorified. The City Baptist Schools are part of the First Baptist Church of Hammond and operate under the same doctrinal umbrella. The fundamental doctrines of the historical Baptist faith are held and taught without apology.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for City Baptist Schools?
The application deadline for City Baptist Schools is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse City Baptist Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards