- Calvary Academy has made a commitment to Christian Education. The mission of our school is to provide our students with maximum spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical development; to provide an atmosphere where the highest gains in knowledge, skills, and wisdom can be attained in serving the Lord; to help students in discerning truth from error; to teach fundamental skills of reading, writing, spelling, mathematics and independent study; and to provide maximum opportunities for students to participate in all phases of their learning.
- These objectives are achieved through born again teachers who, through the Holy Spirit's guidance, provide study and personal application of the Bible.
- Each teacher aids in the discovery and development of God-given intellectual abilities and stimulates reasoning, academic investigation, creative and critical thinking.
- Our desire is to also help our students achieve emotional stability through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and to develop positive attitudes toward situations and people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
South HollandGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
528 E 161st Place
South Holland, IL 60473
HammondGrades: 1-12 | 304 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
Saint JohnGrades: PK-8 | 393 students
9400 Wicker Avenue
Saint John, IN 46373
HammondGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 573 students
5300 W 155th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452