- Calvary Academy has made a commitment to Christian Education. The mission of our school is to provide our students with maximum spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical development; to provide an atmosphere where the highest gains in knowledge, skills, and wisdom can be attained in serving the Lord; to help students in discerning truth from error; to teach fundamental skills of reading, writing, spelling, mathematics and independent study; and to provide maximum opportunities for students to participate in all phases of their learning.
- These objectives are achieved through born again teachers who, through the Holy Spirit's guidance, provide study and personal application of the Bible.
- Each teacher aids in the discovery and development of God-given intellectual abilities and stimulates reasoning, academic investigation, creative and critical thinking.
- Our desire is to also help our students achieve emotional stability through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and to develop positive attitudes toward situations and people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Grades: K-12 | 282 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
(219)228-2750 5.6 K-12
- South Holland Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
900 E. 154 th
South Holland, IL 60473
(708)333-8173 1.6 PK-8
- South Holland Grades: NS-8 | 207 students
700 East 170th Street
South Holland, IL 60473
(708)333-7010 1.2 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 529 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
(773)722-4600 20 PK-12
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.