- Calvary Academy has made a commitment to Christian Education. The mission of our school is to provide our students with maximum spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical development; to provide an atmosphere where the highest gains in knowledge, skills, and wisdom can be attained in serving the Lord; to help students in discerning truth from error; to teach fundamental skills of reading, writing, spelling, mathematics and independent study; and to provide maximum opportunities for students to participate in all phases of their learning.
- These objectives are achieved through born again teachers who, through the Holy Spirit's guidance, provide study and personal application of the Bible.
- Each teacher aids in the discovery and development of God-given intellectual abilities and stimulates reasoning, academic investigation, creative and critical thinking.
- Our desire is to also help our students achieve emotional stability through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and to develop positive attitudes toward situations and people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Grades: K-12 | 282 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
(219)228-2750 5.6 K-12
- South Holland Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
900 E. 154 th
South Holland, IL 60473
(708)333-8173 1.6 PK-8
- South Holland Grades: NS-8 | 207 students
700 East 170th Street
South Holland, IL 60473
(708)333-7010 1.2 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 529 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
(773)722-4600 20 PK-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.