Calvin Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (708) 331-5027
- Calvin Christian School exists to provide an excellent Christ-centered education from a reformed perspective to children of believers.
- Calvin provides a challenging academic experience, a solid Christian foundation, and a nurturing environment that meets your child's needs.
- Calvin Christian School trains students to learn and grow academically, spiritually, and socially.
- Academically, we will challenge and support your child. We will look for and pay special attention to areas in which your child shows a natural passion or aptitude.
- It is our goal that every graduate of CCS will have reached his or her highest potential and have a solid foundation on which to succeed in God's calling on his or her life.
- Our goal is to raise up the next generation of Christian women and men by providing the means for each student, as an image-bearer of God, to use his or her abilities for God's glory, the benefit of society, and personal fulfillment.
- Calvin Christian School seeks to educate children of parents who believe the Bible and its truths.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 15 / Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,120|
|Tuition Notes||Discounted rates for families with multiple students Tuition Assistance available No book fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Tanya Harper|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Angela Oldenkamp|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beginning Band, Chess Club, Chorus & Choir, Concert & Marching Band, Faces of Light drama group|
- Calvin Christian School offers extended care from 6am - 8am and 3pm-6pm, or door-to-door bus service for a reasonable fee. Tuition assistance and tuition reduction programs are available; CCS also offers discounts for families with more than one student. CCS is a parent-run school that has been effectively training children for 100 years. All faculty members are certified, and CCS is an accredited school with Christian Schools International.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Holland Grades: PK-8 | 364 students
16300 State St
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 333-5471 0.7 PK-8
- South Holland Grades: NS-8 | 145 students
900 E. 154 th
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 333-8173 1.1 NS-8
- Hammond Grades: PK-6 | 176 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
(219) 932-5666 4.2 PK-6
- South Holland Grades: PK-K | 33 students
425 E 164th St
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 339-4274 0.4 PK-K
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 993 students
751 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 466-0700 19.9 PK-8
Calvin Christian is a wonderful school with quality education and great Christian values. The teachers and staff partner with you to see your child succeed in every area. Sports, academics, music...every thing is done to the glory and honor of God. Parents can't help but get involved! My kids absolutely love it there!
- Posted by Parent - bmw02
When I attended Calvin Christian, the teachers were very well trained. It mentally prepared me for high school and college. The athletics are great, as it allowed many of the students to play. The school has improved in appearance since I have last seen it, and the parents become very involved in the student's education. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - m_deb
My brothers and I appreciate our Calvin education. Great school that gave us a solid foundation for when we went to non-Christian colleges.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - angel
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.