Calvin Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Calvin Christian School exists to provide an excellent Christ-centered education from a reformed perspective to children of believers.
- Calvin provides a challenging academic experience, a solid Christian foundation, and a nurturing environment that meets your child's needs.
- Calvin Christian School trains students to learn and grow academically, spiritually, and socially.
- Academically, we will challenge and support your child. We will look for and pay special attention to areas in which your child shows a natural passion or aptitude.
- It is our goal that every graduate of CCS will have reached his or her highest potential and have a solid foundation on which to succeed in God's calling on his or her life.
- Our goal is to raise up the next generation of Christian women and men by providing the means for each student, as an image-bearer of God, to use his or her abilities for God's glory, the benefit of society, and personal fulfillment.
- Calvin Christian School seeks to educate children of parents who believe the Bible and its truths.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 15 / Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,120|
|Tuition Notes||Discounted rates for families with multiple students Tuition Assistance available No book fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Tanya Harper|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Angela Oldenkamp|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beginning Band, Chess Club, Chorus & Choir, Concert & Marching Band, Faces of Light drama group|
- Calvin Christian School offers extended care from 6am - 8am and 3pm-6pm, or door-to-door bus service for a reasonable fee. Tuition assistance and tuition reduction programs are available; CCS also offers discounts for families with more than one student. CCS is a parent-run school that has been effectively training children for 100 years. All faculty members are certified, and CCS is an accredited school with Christian Schools International.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South HollandGrades: K-9 | 343 students
16300 State St
South Holland, IL 60473
- HammondGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
- South HollandGrades: PK-8 | 145 students
900 E. 154 th
South Holland, IL 60473
- LansingGrades: K-9 | 151 students
18100 Wentworth Ave
Lansing, IL 60438
- HammondGrades: PK-8 | 240 students
1231 171st Pl
Hammond, IN 46324
Calvin Christian is a wonderful school with quality education and great Christian values. The teachers and staff partner with you to see your child succeed in every area. Sports, academics, music...every thing is done to the glory and honor of God. Parents can't help but get involved! My kids absolutely love it there!
- Posted by Parent - bmw02
When I attended Calvin Christian, the teachers were very well trained. It mentally prepared me for high school and college. The athletics are great, as it allowed many of the students to play. The school has improved in appearance since I have last seen it, and the parents become very involved in the student's education. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - m_deb
My brothers and I appreciate our Calvin education. Great school that gave us a solid foundation for when we went to non-Christian colleges.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - angel
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.