Montessori Parents Coop
5.00 (1 review)
- You may know the name Montessori. And though Montessori is part of our name, it only begins to describe what makes us different.
- We joined the primary education landscape in Omaha in 1984.
- In those 30 years, we`ve discovered what many parents want for their children.
- Time-tested learning materials and a variety of educational experiences rooted in core concepts.
- The opportunity to learn at their own pace. Assistance when needed and the stability of a teacher who knows and understands their child`s strengths.
- An alternative path to essential skills and knowledge. A school that feels like home.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We believe the cost of education is an investment in a child’s future, and that every investment parents make should provide value and a quality experience.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Girl Scouts of America
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Music Class, Piano Lessons, Spanish Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Stretch n Grow
- LOW STUDENT-TEACHER RATIOS
- Our toddlers benefit from a 6:1 student-teacher ratio, while our elementary and junior rooms have a 14:1 ratio. In addition, each classroom has an assistant teacher to provide extra attention and assistance. These ratios are about half that of other area Montessori schools.
- TUITION VALUE
- Because we are a parent co-operative school, we work very hard to keep tuition costs affordable and at a level lower than other area Montessori schools.
- AN ADVANTAGE IN SIZE
- Because we kept our enrollment at 70 children or less, teachers have a greater opportunity to provide one-on-one direction and assistance. We know the name of every child in our building and they know ours.
- STRONG RELATIONSHIPS
- Our three-year work cycle means children have the same teacher for three years, which allows students and teachers to develop caring, nurturing relationships.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: PK-6 | 350 students
12344 Pacific Street
Omaha, NE 68154
(402)393-1311 6.5 PK-6
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 102 students
5071 Center St
Omaha, NE 68106
(402)553-6760 3.6 PK-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
2901 Fontenelle Blvd
Omaha, NE 68104
(402)451-5403 0.8 PK-8
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
10244 Wiesman Dr.
Omaha, NE 68134
(402)399-9565 4.3 PK-12
My daughter started in the Junior classroom (ages 3-5) this year. I love the mixed age classrooms, the small class size, and the child-directed learning. I love that the school has a dedicated art room, science room and outdoor classroom. I love that they have Stretch & Grow come to teach the kids about nutrition, exercise and health. I love that they are teaching spanish and music every week. Being a co-op is especially important to me because as a parent I can have a lot of input into what goes on at the school. There are 17 different committees for parents to join to further the schools goals. Parents are also on the board of directors. Academically my daughter has taught herself addition, geography, lifeskills, and social skills. I love that the teachers are very hands off and allowing the children to make mistakes and learn from them. I LOVE that the kids get at least an hour outside almost every day if not more. Montessori Co-op School has been around for over 30 years and because of the immense passion of the staff and parents it is an amazing school perfect for any child seeking a Montessori education.
- Posted by Parent - Rnk.h
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.