Montessori Parents Coop
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (402) 345-2001
You may know the name Montessori. And though Montessori is part of our name, it only begins to describe what makes us different.
We joined the primary education landscape in Omaha in 1984.
In those 30 years, we`ve discovered what many parents want for their children.
Time-tested learning materials and a variety of educational experiences rooted in core concepts.
The opportunity to learn at their own pace. Assistance when needed and the stability of a teacher who knows and understands their child`s strengths.
An alternative path to essential skills and knowledge. A school that feels like home.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We believe the cost of education is an investment in a child’s future, and that every investment parents make should provide value and a quality experience.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Girl Scouts of America
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Music Class, Piano Lessons, Spanish Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Stretch n Grow
- LOW STUDENT-TEACHER RATIOS
- Our toddlers benefit from a 6:1 student-teacher ratio, while our elementary and junior rooms have a 14:1 ratio. In addition, each classroom has an assistant teacher to provide extra attention and assistance. These ratios are about half that of other area Montessori schools.
- TUITION VALUE
- Because we are a parent co-operative school, we work very hard to keep tuition costs affordable and at a level lower than other area Montessori schools.
- AN ADVANTAGE IN SIZE
- Because we kept our enrollment at 70 children or less, teachers have a greater opportunity to provide one-on-one direction and assistance. We know the name of every child in our building and they know ours.
- STRONG RELATIONSHIPS
- Our three-year work cycle means children have the same teacher for three years, which allows students and teachers to develop caring, nurturing relationships.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: PK-6 | 350 students
12344 Pacific Street
Omaha, NE 68154
(402) 393-1311 6.5 PK-6
- Omaha Grades: K-5 | 128 students
1821 N 90th St
Omaha, NE 68114
(402) 592-8005 3.2 K-5
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 100 students
5071 Center St
Omaha, NE 68106
(402) 553-6760 3.6 PK-8
My daughter started in the Junior classroom (ages 3-5) this year. I love the mixed age classrooms, the small class size, and the child-directed learning. I love that the school has a dedicated art room, science room and outdoor classroom. I love that they have Stretch & Grow come to teach the kids about nutrition, exercise and health. I love that they are teaching spanish and music every week. Being a co-op is especially important to me because as a parent I can have a lot of input into what goes on at the school. There are 17 different committees for parents to join to further the schools goals. Parents are also on the board of directors. Academically my daughter has taught herself addition, geography, lifeskills, and social skills. I love that the teachers are very hands off and allowing the children to make mistakes and learn from them. I LOVE that the kids get at least an hour outside almost every day if not more. Montessori Co-op School has been around for over 30 years and because of the immense passion of the staff and parents it is an amazing school perfect for any child seeking a Montessori education.
- Posted by Parent - Rnk.h
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.