Montessori Children's Room
5.00 (1 review)
- Montessori Children's Room was founded in 1985 and follows the philosophy developed by Dr. Maria Montessori some 90 years ago.
- She stated, "It is true we cannot make a genius, we can only give each individual the chance to fulfill his potential to become an independent, secure and balanced human being." The mission of the Montessori Children's Room is to foster development of the whole child through a nurturing and stimulating prepared environment.
- Our primary goal is to help children reach their full potential by encouraging curiosity and creativity, which leads to a life long enthusiasm for learning.
- The teachers at Montessori Children's Room are qualified specialists in early childhood education.
- They are professionally trained Montessori instructors who help guide the children through the classroom that has been carefully planned for their developmental needs.
- The self-correcting materials are used as the child's best teacher.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: K-5 | 132 students
1821 N 90th St
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)592-8005 1.5 K-5
- Omaha Grades: PK-6 | 350 students
12344 Pacific Street
Omaha, NE 68154
(402)393-1311 4.3 PK-6
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
3601 Burt St
Omaha, NE 68131
(402)558-3800 3.1 PK-12
- Omaha Grades: 1-12 | 39 students
5731 S 108th St
Omaha, NE 68137
(402)393-0345 5.4 1-12
I can't say enough about how important MCR has been to our lives. Our son has been enrolled at MCR since he was four years old and he'll finish sixth grade this year. MCR is a wonderful place.
- Posted by Parent - Mike
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.