Montessori Educational Centers, Inc.
- Montessori Educational Centers, Inc. is a network of 7 privately-owned, Montessori schools conveniently located throughout the Omaha metropolitan area accepting children 6 weeks 12 years old.
- The schools are an affiliate of the American Montessori Society and accredited by the State of Nebraska- Department of Education, for all levels offered: 0 - 3 (infant/toddler), 3 - 6 (primary), and 6 - 12 (elementary).
- We offer a variety of options, including a half and full-day curriculum as well as before and after school care.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(at Elementary Level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact our administrative office for current tuition rates. Thank you!|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Kruger|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballDance, Gymnastics,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Cooking, Spanish, Visual and Performance Arts|
- Montessori Educational Centers, Inc. was started in 1967 by Dr. LaVonne Plambeck, the present owner/administrator of the schools. It began as one class, ages 3-6, for eighteen children and has since expanded to serve more than 1,000 students. Montessori Educational Centers, Inc. is a system of independent schools committed to providing excellent education for children six weeks through the sixth grade in three year cycles. These child-centered schools promote joy in learning and strive to prepare each student for the next level of education. Montessori Educational Centers, Inc. curriculum implements the Montessori philosophy and methodology at the infant and toddler level and continues with the approach into the elementary program. The classroom environment stimulates intellectual, emotional, social and physical growth. The school promotes the development of self-motivation, independence, curiosity, cooperation, inquisitiveness, and concern for others within the framework of a strong academic curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: 1-12 | 39 students
5731 S 108th St
Omaha, NE 68137
(402)393-0345 3.5 1-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
10244 Wiesman Dr.
Omaha, NE 68134
(402)399-9565 4.6 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.