Montessori School Of Skokie
Welcome to Skokie Montessori School Skokie Montessori School has been serving the community since 2003. We beleive in the advanteges of the Maria Montessori method of education and its philosophy.
We offer program for children ages 2 through 12 years old in Skokie the surrounding area.
Teachers who have been in the Montessori field for many years have designed it functionally and aesthetically.
The school is fully equipped with materials that were created by Maria Montessori.
When children utilize the materials, one will witness the realization of the Montessori method by observing how the child grasps the concept of the lesson by hands-on with the materials.
The teacher, directress plays a key role in recognizing the ability and potential of every individual child.
The teacher must identify and spark the child's own interest in learning.
The child is always with a mission to learn, either directly or indirectly.
They are open to any information they can perceive from the environment. Therefore, we are obliged to make all the information enriching.
Skokie Montessori School mission is to provide a motivational experience that nurtures the love of learning, encourages intellectual curiosity, and foster self-confidence in a stimulating, safe and caring environment.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 52 students
- Average class size: 50 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Club or organization
Club or organization
- The Montessori School of Skokie is committed to provide a solid foundation by utilizing multi-sensory materials and a creative environment that helps the development of the whole child. The mission ensures that the child is academically motivated, and observes the child's individual intelligence by exploring and challenging them in all areas of the curriculum.
Endorse Montessori School Of Skokie. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.