Montessori School Of Skokie
- Welcome to Skokie Montessori School Skokie Montessori School has been serving the community since 2003. We beleive in the advanteges of the Maria Montessori method of education and its philosophy.
- We offer program for children ages 2 through 12 years old in Skokie the surrounding area.
- Teachers who have been in the Montessori field for many years have designed it functionally and aesthetically.
- The school is fully equipped with materials that were created by Maria Montessori.
- When children utilize the materials, one will witness the realization of the Montessori method by observing how the child grasps the concept of the lesson by hands-on with the materials.
- The teacher, directress plays a key role in recognizing the ability and potential of every individual child.
- The teacher must identify and spark the child's own interest in learning.
- The child is always with a mission to learn, either directly or indirectly.
- They are open to any information they can perceive from the environment. Therefore, we are obliged to make all the information enriching.
- Skokie Montessori School mission is to provide a motivational experience that nurtures the love of learning, encourages intellectual curiosity, and foster self-confidence in a stimulating, safe and caring environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||50 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Club or organization
- The Montessori School of Skokie is committed to provide a solid foundation by utilizing multi-sensory materials and a creative environment that helps the development of the whole child. The mission ensures that the child is academically motivated, and observes the child's individual intelligence by exploring and challenging them in all areas of the curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Skokie Grades: NS-K | 153 students
8260 Elmwood Street
Skokie, IL 60077
(800)675-6039 1.1 NS-K
- Skokie Grades: NS-PK | 70 students
4346 Howard St
Skokie, IL 60076
(847)675-6619 1 NS-PK
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.