Baker Demonstration School
Baker Demonstration School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Wizards, CircEsteem, Einstein by Design, Kids Table, LLC, Mad Science, Mandarin, Mudlark Theatre, Play-Well Tek Engineering/Architecture, Science Olympiad, Tae Kwon do
Arts and Music Programs:
Actors Gym, Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Swimming, Water Polo, Zumba
- Baker Demonstration School is an independent coeducational school, serving preschool through eighth grade children, dedicated to creating well-rounded students through the principles of progressive education. Less formally, Baker is a school where children learn by doing.
- Nationally recognized for educational excellence, Baker balances academic rigor with whole child development, giving students the sklls, stamina, and ethical framework to succed in life. From preschool through eighth grade, students thrive in Baker's innovative, experiential environment.
- Founded in 1918 by Clara Belle Baker, a leader in progressive education, the curriculum today still reflects the philosophy she shared with the likes of Francis Parker, John Dewey, and Jean Piaget. In broad strokes, the school emphasizes hands-on learning over lectures and memorization of facts.
- The emphasis on experiential, real-life learning over pre-packaged curricula forms the cornerstone of Baker`s educational philosophy. For those who prefer an education that's anything but textbook, it's time to experience Baker.
Endorse Baker Demonstration School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards