- Beacon Academy offers an innovative and challenging education based on Montessori principles that places a priority on experiental learning, entrepreneurial thinking, and in-depth interdisciplinary studies.
- Students learn to think for themselves, collaborate and work in teams, and interact with the outside world by working on authentic problems.
- In 11th and 12th grade, Beacon students may choose to pursue the highly regarded International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme or a blend of coursework that meets their goals and interests.
- Beacon Academy is a community school in the strongest sense of the word with Evanston and greater Chicago serving as our extended campus.
Beacon Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Beacon Academy is an International Baccalaureate Programme Candidate School|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Hilary Holder|
|Admissions Associate||Beth Sosler|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Sailing, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Dungeons and Dragons Club, Engineering Club, Inclusion Council, Interact Club, Interfaith Club, LGBTQ Alliance, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Model UN, Rock Band, Scholastic Bowl, Science Olympiad, Yearbook
- Beacon Academy is home to 213 students from across the Chicagoland area who possess a passion for independent learning and a deep commitment to engaging in the real world. Our students come from more than 50 zip codes and 75 feeder schools, represent every major religion and close to 20 different home languagess, and reflect a community that is both ethnically and socio-economically diverse. With an el and Metra stop located just two blocks away, more than 80% of our students commute by public transportation.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)797-5501 8.8 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)363-6311 805.4 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.