Tel: (224) 999-1177
Beacon Academy offers an innovative and challenging education based on Montessori principles that places a priority on experiental learning, entrepreneurial thinking, and in-depth interdisciplinary studies.
Students learn to think for themselves, collaborate and work in teams, and interact with the outside world by working on authentic problems.
In 11th and 12th grade, Beacon students may choose to pursue the highly regarded International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme or a blend of coursework that meets their goals and interests.
Beacon Academy is a community school in the strongest sense of the word with Evanston and greater Chicago serving as our extended campus.
Beacon Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Beacon Academy is an International Baccalaureate Programme Candidate School|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Hilary Holder|
|Admissions Associate||Beth Sosler|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Sailing, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Dungeons and Dragons Club, Engineering Club, Inclusion Council, Interact Club, Interfaith Club, LGBTQ Alliance, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Model UN, Rock Band, Scholastic Bowl, Science Olympiad, Service Learning, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Beacon Academy is home to 217 students from across the Chicagoland area who possess a passion for independent learning and a deep commitment to engaging in the real world. Our students come from more than 50 zip codes and 75 feeder schools, represent every major religion and close to 20 different home languagess, and reflect a community that is both ethnically and socio-economically diverse. With an el and Metra stop located just two blocks away, more than 80% of our students commute by public transportation.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 797-5501 8.8 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
(214) 363-6311 805.4 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.