The Hockaday School
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,115 students
- Yearly Tuition: $28,950
- Acceptance rate: 20%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 13 / Jan. 28
- Source: Verified school update
The Hockaday School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Download our application at www.hockaday.org. We accept applications for the day program for grades PK-11.
- Hockaday, founded in 1913, provides a college preparatory education for girls of strong potential and diverse backgrounds who may be expected to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in a rapidly changing world.It is the purpose of The Hockaday School to foster a community of concern and friendship and to instill in every girl a love of learning, an understanding of herself and the ethical principles which guide her life, an appreciation of excellence in all its forms, and a commitment to what is right and good.Through small classes, creative teaching, and an approach which emphasizes the process of learning, Hockaday seeks to discover unique aptitudes and awaken the intellectual curiosity of every girl. Through a strong physical education program and the challenge of competitive sports, Hockaday seeks to develop in each girl an enthusiastic spirit, a healthy body, and a sense of responsibility for herself and her actions.Through a continual exposure to the arts, Hockaday seeks to engender an appreciation of beauty and a joy in self-expression that will bring added enrichment to each girl`s life.Through constant emphasis on moral and ethical values, Hockaday seeks to nurture a courteous attitude, a sense of grace, respect for the ideals of human worth and dignity, and a harmonious and mature character well-equipped to make responsible choices and be prepared for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Hockaday School cost?
The Hockaday School's tuition is approximately $28,950 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Hockaday School?
The acceptance rate of The Hockaday School is 20%, which is lower than the national average of 85%. The Hockaday School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Texas with low acceptance rates.
Does The Hockaday School offer a summer program?
Yes, The Hockaday School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Hockaday School offer?
The Hockaday School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. The Hockaday School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Texas for most sports offered.
What is The Hockaday School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Hockaday School?
The application deadline for The Hockaday School is Dec. 13 / Jan. 28.
Endorse The Hockaday School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards