The Hockaday School
- The Hockaday School was founded in 1913 by Miss Ela Hockaday to provide a college preparatory education for girls in Dallas, Texas.
- Believing in the limitless potential of girls, Hockaday develops resilient, confident women who are educated and inspired to lead lives of purpose and impact.
- The Hockaday School prepares girls of strong potential in the prekindergarten through 12th grades to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in a rapidly changing world by giving them a foundation grounded on the traditional four cornerstones: character, courtesy, scholarship, and athletics.
- Within the context of an outstanding academic environment, The Hockaday School's goals are to foster a community of concern and friendship, to instill in every girl a love of learning and an understanding of herself and the ethical principles which guide her life, and to develop an appreciation of excellence in all its forms with a commitment to what is right and good.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,085 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||118 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AB and BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Economics, AP English, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Mandarin Chinese, AP Modern European History, AP Physics, B and C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 12 / Jan. 29|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,900|
|Tuition Notes||LS: $26,900 MS/US: $32,275-$32,900 Boarding: 57700-59140|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,836|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tiffany Nelson|
|Admissions Associate||Cyndi Lewis|
|Endowment Size||$160 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Download our application at www.hockaday.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Addison Grades: PK-12 | 1338 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
(972) 628-5400 2.4 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.