Ursuline Academy Of Dallas
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters.
- The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
- Ursuline Academy educates young women for leadership in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||850 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rebekah Gilbert|
|Admissions Associate||Jenny Hood|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Dance, Drill Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 80 clubs from Make A Wish to Art in a Cart the possibilities are endless!
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Dance, etc., String Ensemble, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community. Ursuline Academy educates young women for leadership in a global society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
- DallasGrades: 1-12 | 868 students
10600 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230
- DallasGrades: 9-12 | 1060 students
9750 Ferguson Rd
Dallas, TX 75228
- HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 326 students
609 Crawford Street
Houston, TX 77002
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 157 students
915 West 9th Street
Dallas, TX 75208
I really felt my experience at UA was formative and enjoyable. There is not a lot of cliquishness, as would be common in other high schools, and every girl really feels like one of your sisters. There are lots of opportunities to get acquainted with your peers, frosh lock-in, big sis little sis, and theater and sports. I was big on theater, dance, and volleyball. Ursuline makes you believe you can do anything you set your mind to; there is no gender barrier and women can express themselves freely without fear of ridicule. My coaches and my teachers were leaders you could talk to, about school or life in general, they seemed to always be available, and always gave positive enforcement. The school has a great service component which is a hallmark of a Catholic education, and along with retreats, and sporadic holy masses, we received an education of the spirit. Nothing ever felt tedious or forced--everyone genuinely wanted to be there either to teach or learn, which adds to this school's college prep feel. I was always busy with something--which was a good thing, because I loved all my classes, friends, and extracurriculars! When I heard of the passing of Father Deeves, I was disheartened; he was another positive force of support at the school, and lent an old-world charm to the ambience. I hope the school continues to be what it was once to me: a brilliant platform for young women to become fully themselves and fully prepared for the greater challenges of college and beyond. Couldn't recommend it more!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ErikaH
No matter what religious background you come from, Ursuline is absolutely wonderful! The academics and extracurricular opportunities are nothing short of outstanding. The girls are kind and sisterly. The whole atmosphere of the school is warm, inviting, and perfect for learning. The teachers care about the students. They do not what parents to get involved because they want students to become independent and learn to advocate themselves. You cannot possibly go wrong with Ursuline!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - alli_
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.