- Founded in 1950, Greenhill School is one of the premier, independent, nosectarian, co-educational schools in the nation, preparing students for success in college and beyond.
- With a population of about 1290, the school offers excellence in education for students Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Our rich history is defined by innovation and achievement in a balanced program of academics, arts, and athletics which prepares our students to thrive in a changing world.
- Greenhill`s culture reflects a value of and a commitment to diversity and individuality.
- An inclusive environment that celebrates and supports all voices, Greenhill is a community committed to the core principles of honor, respect and compassion. Greenhill School`s challenging academic program incorporates experienced-based learning and uses leading teaching practices, inspiring students while ensuring a strong foundation. For more information, visit www.greenhill.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1383 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||169 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus (AB and BC), Chemistry, English Literature, French Language, Latin (Vergil), Physics (B and C), Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Biology, Chinese, Environmental Science, Government, Studio Art (2D & 3D),|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress code is enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / Jan. 6 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 School Year: PreK - Grade 1 = $23,750; Grade2 - Grade 4= $23,825; Grade 5 - Grade 6 = $27,425; Grade 7 - Grade 8 = $29,000 and Grade 9 - Grade 11 = $29,100; Grade 12 = $29,450.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Markhovsky|
|Admissions Associate||Amy deBorst|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Greenhill School is a diverse community of learners that strives for excellence; values individuality; fosters a passion for learning; promotes the balanced development of mind, body and character; encourages service; and instills respect for others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1148 students
4100 Merrell Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1100 students
4101 Sigma Road
Dallas, TX 75244
DallasGrades: 9-12 | 1071 students
12345 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75244
DallasGrades: K-12 | 400 students
2720 Hillside Drive
Dallas, TX 75214
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.