- Founded in 1950, Greenhill School is one of the premier, independent, nosectarian, co-educational schools in the nation, preparing students for success in college and beyond.
- With a population of about 1315, the school offers excellence in education for students Prekindergarten through 12th grade.
- Our rich history is defined by innovation and achievement in a balanced program of academics, arts, and athletics which prepares our students to thrive in a changing world.
- Greenhill`s culture reflects a value of and a commitment to diversity and individuality.
- An inclusive environment that celebrates and supports all voices, Greenhill is a community committed to the core principles of honor, respect, and compassion.
- Greenhill School`s challenging academic program uses leading teaching practices with an emphasis on social-emotional learning, inspiring students while ensuring a strong foundation. For more information, visit www.greenhill.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||165 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus (AB and BC), Chemistry, English Literature, French Language, Latin (Vergil), Physics (B and C), Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Biology, Chinese, Environmental Science, Government, Studio Art (2D & 3D),|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code is enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 6 / Jan. 10 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2019-20 School Year: PreK - Grade 1 = $26,320; Grade2 - Grade 4= $26,425; Grade 5 - Grade 6 = $30,415; Grade 7 - Grade 8 = $32,165 and Grade 9 - Grade 11 = $32,265; Grade 12 = $32,615.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Markhovsky|
|Admissions Associate||John E. Thompson|
|Endowment Size||$39 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Greenhill School is a diverse community of learners that strives for excellence; values individuality; fosters a passion for learning; promotes the balanced development of mind, body and character; encourages service; and instills respect for others.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)363-6311 2.4 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1130 students
4100 Merrell Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)358-4368 3.6 PK-12