Vanguard Preparatory School
- Since 1993, Vanguard Preparatory School has been serving students who are on the autistic spectrum, have ADHD, mood disorders, processing disorders, language disorders, social or emotional delays.
- Vanguard is a special needs school that provides a therapeutic program with individualized instruction for each child from pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade. We also have a 18+ transitional program.
- At Vanguard, we believe that all students have unique potential and will achieve when appropriate behavior is practiced daily in a caring and therapeutic environment.
- For our students, success is measured by growth, attitude and effort.
Vanguard Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on grade level|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Patti Pickering|
|Admissions Associate||Becky Hodnett|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
At Vanguard, we recognize that all students have unique potential and can achieve when given relevant learning tasks in an atmosphere where appropriate behaviors are practiced daily. Our students receive a rigorous academic program that is delivered within a highly structured, predictable and nurturing environment.
- Actively teaching social skills necessary for productive relationships
- Providing regular group therapy
- Developing coping skills
- Teaching problem solving
- Setting consistent limits
- Clearly communicating expectations clearly
- Rewarding conscientious hard work and effort
- Building character, personal responsibility, and accountability
- Teaching conflict resolution
- Encouraging self-discipline and responsibility for personal growth
- Valuing attitude over aptitude
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: 1-12 | 197 students
950 Tiffany Way
Dallas, TX 75218
(214)324-1481 9.9 1-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12
7898 Samuell Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75228
(972)453-1321 13.6 PK-12