Oak Hill Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (214) 353-8804
Oak Hill Academy Photo #4 - Technology offers high-interest coding, keyboarding and assisted learning techniques.
- OAK HILL ACADEMY has established itself over the past 33 years as one of the leading schools in the Dallas area serving students with diagnosed learning differences. Our emphasis is on the remediation and classroom accommodations of ADD, ADHD, Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyslexia, Speech-Language Delays, Sensory Integration Dysfunction,and High-Functioning Autism.
- A therapeutic multi-sensory, speech-language educational model is the foundation upon which our academic program is based.
- Oak Hill Academy Speech-Language Therapy and Tutoring Clinic offers a variety of therapeutical services including,Speech-Language Therapy, Academic Language Therapy, Tutoring, Social Thinking, and DIRFloortime Therapy.
- SPOTS offers Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy on Oak Hill Academy's campus.
Oak Hill Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, Auditory Processing, Dyslexia, Speech-Language based delays, Sensory Integration Disorder, High-Functioning Autism, Anxiety|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||OHA offers a variety of summer learning experiences - fees vary per program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms vary by school Division)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary by Division level and support provided beginning at $17,900 for Half-Day Preschool and peaking at $25,800 for High School. Our High School Adaptive Curriculum track provides additional support for students and tuition is $27,900.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Linda Wachel|
|Admissions Associate||Brit Smart|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Martial Arts,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Coding Club, Cooking Club, Social Skills, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Improv Club, Music Therapy
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Team, Just for Fun Sports, Kickball, Martial arts class, Soccer, Tennis, Yoga
- At Oak Hill Academy, our specially trained teachers work with small groups of students to set individualized goals, and use a multi-sensory approach to learning.Classrooms are structured,but also provide a warm,nurturing environment with an average student/teacher ratio of 6:1.Faculty members include experienced special education instructors,academic language therapists, speech-language pathologists,child psychologists and early childhood education specialists. Oak Hill Academy is accredited by the AdvancEd Accreditation Commission (now known as Cognia).
- Social Skills program offers classroom and small group instruction based on theSocial Thinking curriculum from Michelle Garcia Winner.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
950 Tiffany Way
Dallas, TX 75218
(214) 324-1481 7.7 1-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 981 students
17301 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75252
(972) 774-1772 8.5 PK-12
Oak Hill has been a godsend for my son. I have seen so much growth in the three years he has been at the school. Teachers are more than qualified to work with children with learning differences. They are loving guides who bring out the best in each student.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer Barrow
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.