Oak Hill Academy
- OAK HILL ACADEMY - Where Magnificent Minds Thrive - has established itself over the past 30 years as one of the leading schools in the Dallas area serving students with diagnosed learning differences. Our emphasis is on the remediation and classroom accommodations of ADD, ADHD, Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyslexia, Speech-Language Delays, Sensory Integration Dysfunction, and High-Functioning Autism.
- A therapeutic speech-language educational model is the foundation upon which our academic program is based.
- Oak Hill Academy Speech-Language Therapy and Tutoring Clinic offers a variety of therapeutical services including, Speech-Language Therapy, Academic Language Therapy, Tutoring, Social Thinking, DIRFloortime Therapy and Music Therapy.
- SPOTS offers Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy on Oak Hill Academy's campus.
- A Transition Program for post-graduate students will be available for the 2018-19 school year.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, Auditory Processing, Dyslexia, Speech-Language based delays, Sensory Integration Disorder, High-Functioning Autism|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms vary by school Division)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary by Division level and support provided beginning at $11,750 for Early Childhood and peaking at $19,750 for Upper School. Our PRISM track provides additional support for students and tuition is $23,000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Pam Quarterman|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Wachel|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, Cheerleading/Pep Squad, Coding Club, Creative Writing Club, Martial arts class, Music Therapy, Social Skills, Student Council Band, Coding Club, Music Therapy, Social Skills, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts,|
Creative Writing Club,
Martial arts class,
- At Oak Hill Academy, our specially trained teachers work with small groups of students to set individualized goals, and use a multi-sensory approach to learning. Classrooms are structured, but also provide a warm, nurturing environment with an average student/teacher ratio of 10:1. Faculty members include experienced special education instructors, academic language therapists, speech-language pathologists, child psychologists and early childhood education specialists. Oak Hill Academy is accredited by the AdvancEd Accreditation Commission.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PlanoGrades: 3-12 | 126 students
6000 Custer Rd. Building 7
Plano, TX 75023
- DallasGrades: 1-12 | 197 students
950 Tiffany Way
Dallas, TX 75218
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 905 students
15720 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, TX 75248
- RichardsonGrades: K-12 | 33 students
1221 W Campbell Rd, # 209
Richardson, TX 75080
- DallasGrades: K-12 | 400 students
2720 Hillside Drive
Dallas, TX 75214
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.