Lakehill Preparatory School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (214) 826-2931
Lakehill Preparatory School Photo #2 - Lower school students have all of the opportunities available in a larger school, but are able to thrive in a nurturing environment where they can concentrate on learning.
Lakehill Preparatory School Photo #3 - Lakehill offers 29 championship level interscholastic athletic programs in baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, off-season training, rowing/crew, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track, and volleyball.
Lakehill Preparatory School Photo #4 - Lakehill Upper School students enjoy a close-knit environment that feels like a family.
- At Lakehill Preparatory School, we know that bigger is not always better. Lakehill is - and always has been - small by design. Lakehill is a small school, but it is full of big experiences.
- Students benefit from a rigorous academic environment, while being supported by passionate faculty and a strong sense of community.
- Athletics, the arts, and a wealth of student activities and organizations promote teamwork and help develop valuable leadership skills.
- Through community outreach, Lakehill teaches students to embrace a spirit of volunteerism in the hopes of fostering a life-long passion for service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$315|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Physics, AP Physics, AP World History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, French Language, Physics B, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1272|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stacey Peacock|
|Admissions Associate||Susanne Seitz|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic WorldQuest, Art Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Community Connections, Computer Club, Cooking Club, Dance and Acrobatics, Debate Club, Drama Club, Environmental Science Club, Film Society, French Club, French Honor Society, Geography Club, Improv Club, International Thespian Society, Keyboarding Club, Lakehill Student Ambassadors, Magic Club (3-4), Math Club, Math Team, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Pan American Student Forum, Philosophy Club, Science Olympiad, Scouting (K-12), Shakespeare and Friends, Sisteens, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Video Gamers Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Competition Theater
- Finding the right environment for your child`s education makes a world of difference. At Lakehill, you`ll find an environment that nurtures intellectual curiosity, stimulates personal growth, and encourages critical thinking and innovation.Small class sizes ensure a supportive learning environment and personal attention. Students at Lakehill have all of the opportunities available in a much larger school, while being able to thrive in a supportive setting where they can concentrate on learning. Students benefit from a rigorous academic environment, while being supported by passionate faculty and a strong sense of community. As a result, our small school feels very much like a big family.Lakehill`s tradition of excellence is not confined solely to the classroom. In keeping with Lakehill`s desire to develop well-rounded citizens, students are encouraged to take advantage of a wide variety of extracurricular offerings. Through participation in a myriad of clubs, student organizations, honor societies, athletics, and community service projects, opportunities for assuming leadership roles abound.Lakehill students all go on to pursue education at a higher level, and are accepted into Ivy League schools, top research universities, liberal arts colleges, renowned art institutions, and international universities. What is most important about our students` matriculation, however, is the process of pairing the student with the right school. Through an extremely successful college counseling program, we work together with every family, discussing each student`s dreams, abilities, needs, and interests when choosing a school. Last year, Lakehill`s graduates earned $2,600,000 in academic scholarships, an average of $118,000 per graduate. With approximately 95% of Lakehill`s Upper School enrolled in AP courses, many Lakehill graduates begin their college careers with more than a full year of college credits earned while attending Lakehill.Lakehill Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, orientation, or national or ethnic origin in its admissions, administration of its educational policies, financial aid programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Addison Grades: PK-12 | 1338 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
(972) 628-5400 9.7 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: NS-12 | 654 students
6039 Churchill Way
Dallas, TX 75230
(972) 991-6379 7.2 NS-12
What a wonderful college preparatory school nestled in the Lakewood community in Dallas, Texas. My son drove all the way from Plano to attend this well directed college preparatory school! The administrative and academic leadership is fantastic. The school's academic program is challenging and offers upper school students a variety of quality AP courses. The student body is very inclusive and fun! My son was able to fit immediately which is a testament to the school. The school's community service programs are wonderful! Students giving back to the community are a tradition at the school. In addition, there are all kinds of competitive sports teams available for students. The school's baseball coach was awesome with his players, too!! Way to go R.C.! I can't say enough good things about this school!!! Thank you Headmaster, Perry!
- Posted by Parent - macur
Our kids have been at Lakehill through elementary and middle school. We find the school to be academically rigorous, but not overwhelming. The core academic teachers are extremely talented and caring. The PE coaches are incredible, and the opportunities for our children have been tremendous overall. We appreciate the AP offerings, the PE offered daily, and the attention to behavior in the halls and classrooms. We have noticed a very positive change in this school over the last few years, with a few new teachers and new students. The student body is growing and improving. The administration does not tolerate bad behavior or bullying whatsoever. As parents, our observation is that students at Lakehill who want to do well, do, in fact, perform well. Teachers are there when you need them. It is a very friendly and family-oriented environment. We find Lakehill to be very down to earth and low key, yet upbeat and challenging. Our kids love to go to school, and their confidence has blossomed.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
This is the best private school in Dallas! It has a neighborhood feel, but students drive from many locations just to attend. It is diverse, open, and welcoming. Our children attended lower and middle school, and will soon matriculate into high school. The 2013 graduates are going to colleges such as Harvard, Brown, Tufts, and USC among many other quality schools. We are so impressed with the individualized attention, zero tolerance for bad behavior, and administrators who care. Most of the parents at Lakehill are willing to sacrifice a large environment for the fine balance Lakehill offers between academics and a quality social life. The AP courses are outstanding, and the quantity of courses and sports is impressive for a school of this size. Our children have matured into thoughtful, motivated, and diligent students. We could not be happier!
- Posted by Parent - sarah
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.