Oak Crest Private School
- Oak Crest Private School's mission is to educate bright students using the best available educational methods and curriculum so that they have a solid educational foundation that sets them up to excel in their future learning.
- Oak Crest Private School offers preschool through eighth grade in small, friendly classes using a proven, challenging curriculum.
- Self-paced learning with an emphasis on 100% mastery allows bright children to excel.
- Lots of hands-on projects and field trips underscore our emphasis on the ability to apply what is learned. Our emphasis is not on test-taking, but rather on a child's ability to use what has been taught.
- We offer character education, but have no religious affiliation and enjoy the diversity of ethnicities at our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Hildegard Jessup|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Ballet, Electronic Music Creation, Guitar Lessons, Hip Hop, Percussion, Piano
- Oak Crest Private School's mission is to educate bright students using the best available study methods and curriculum so that they have a solid educational foundation that sets them up to excel in their future learning. Oak Crest Private School offers a challenging curriculum that allows bright children to excel, We also offer preschool through eighth grade. Our school is a safe, secure environment, where students are taught to make good, ethical choices. We strive to achieve religious, cultural and ethnic diversity within our student population.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-5942 198.7 K-12
I have had my daughter in this school now since she was 3 years old. She is now 9. My opinion of this school has only gotten better over the last 6 years. Simply stated, this school has provided my daughter with an education that I would have given ANYTHING for as a child. She goes to bed each night reading novels that I wasn't capable of until I was well into my teens. Every time I read something she writes, I marvel at both the vocabulary and the "grown up" nature of her comments. When 4 of the middle school girls (older than my daughter) from this school won the DFW Math Contest, I wasn't surprised. My only regret about this school is that it only goes through 8th grade! It's going to be hard to find a place as good as Oak Crest for 9th-12th! People often joke that "next lifetime, I want to come back as so-and-so's cat/dog/whatever." Let me tell you this: next lifetime I want to come back as a student at this school. I'm not kidding. This is the education that any parent would be thrilled to provide for their son or daughter.
- Posted by Parent - John Bianchi