5.00 (1 review)
Wesley Prep offers a complete athletics program with sports such as basketball, flag football, volleyball, soccer, cheerleading and track
Fifth grade students research historical figures in US history, write a speech based on the figure of their choice, and enact a moment of the figure's life in Wesley Prep's annual Night At The Museum event.
Our MDO and preschool students learn pre-writing, pre-math and social studies skills through structured play activities, both in the classroom and outdoors.
Second grade students round out their study of the life cycle by observing the incubation process and hatching of baby chicks in their classroom.
Fifth graders read The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow aloud by candlelight. The study of Washington Irving?'s classic novel propels the class into analysis of the story and synthesis in the writing of a play that is then performed at the annual Open House event for parents.
Our smaller classes allow teachers to form a relationship with each student and provide a more individualized approach to learning. Our teachers design creative and personal lessons that spark the interest of students. On any given day, our students will be working cooperatively, individually, and with the teacher. This allows students to work not only on academics but also on
Wesley Prep preschool and elementary students develop a love of reading through their weekly library visit.
- Wesley Prep is a private school and a ministry of Lovers Lane United Methodist Church offering programs for six months through sixth grade. Opened in 1968, Wesley Prep provides a traditional school format with nontraditional differences including: a low student to teacher ratio; superior development programs; "project-based" learning; and a "whole child" approach that emphasizes balance, from art and science to sports and technology.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||463 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(jumpers, skirts, blouses; pants and shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for MDO, Preschool and Elementary. Please see wesleyprep.org for more information.|
|Admissions Director||Linda Altick|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Landis|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Wesley Prep provides a challenging curriculum with varied learning activities that motivate students to develop a love of learning. We have the great fortune to have many technological tools integrated into the learning experience, but there is no substitute for good teachers and the relationships they develop with students. Knowledge comes alive with the enthusiasm, creativity and orchestration of our excellent teachers who open doors that allow our students to become the best they can be.
- The appropriate tools for learning involve highly qualified teachers, appropriate curriculum, project-based learning, teamwork, exploration, problem solving, facts and conceptual learning, small classes that allow teachers to know the individual child, appropriate assessment, and continued student progress. These will help develop a well-rounded, compassionate, caring individual. We see the importance of faith and tolerance, acceptance of diversity, leadership, giving, and character as important attributes for the development of any child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DallasGrades: PK-8 | 574 students
11110 Midway Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1100 students
4101 Sigma Road
Dallas, TX 75244
- CarrolltonGrades: PK-12
2205 E Hebron Pkwy
Carrollton, TX 75010
- AddisonGrades: PK-12 | 1509 students
17001 Addison Rd
Addison, TX 75001
- RaleighGrades: PK-12 | 1189 students
7409 Falls Of Neuse Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
This school is amazing. We are blessed to have our children attend this school! The teachers and staff are top notch, and truly care about each student. The curriculum is challenging and implemented in a meaningful way. This is a gem in the middle of Dallas.
- Posted by Parent - larma
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.