Parish Episcopal School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Parish Episcopal School is a coeducational school founded in 1972 by Mary Blair through The Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration in Dallas Texas.
- For more than 50 years, Parish has offered an enriched academic community which has become well known for its contributions toward the development of students' confidence, spiritual anchoring and inclusive outlook.
- Today's students need these defining characteristics more so than at any other time in our history.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||187 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Tuition Notes||2015-2016 - varies by grade level from $10,7400 for PK-I to $26,230 for Upper School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
|Admissions Director||Laurel Ash|
|Admissions Associate||Caroline Doswell|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Students are selected for admission on the basis of multiple criteria: academic qualification, maturity, affiliation with the school, The Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration or another Episcopal church, diversity, gender balance and appropriateness of the match between the family and the school. Testing is used as a tool to provide information to assist in the assessment of applicants. In order to receive more information about Parish please contact Laurel Ash, Director of Admission, at 972-852-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Addison Grades: PK-12 | 1316 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
(972)628-5400 0.4 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: K-12 | 468 students
7300 Valley View Ln
Dallas, TX 75240
(214)358-5818 3.6 K-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1130 students
4100 Merrell Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)358-4368 3.3 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 574 students
11110 Midway Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)357-1610 2.5 PK-8
The parish episcopal school is ranked #1 in tapps for it's athletic programs. If you are an aspiring student, you need to come look at the facilities and talk to the coaches and athletes. Also the classrooms are nothing less than state of the art.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Marsh
An amazing place to learn, feel sense of community and grow as a person. After spending 11 years at Parish and a freshman in college now, I feel so prepared and grateful for everything I experienced at Parish. It truly is an amazing school to send your children to, they will grow in Wisdom, Honor and Service.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sting
We moved our son to Parish last year from HPISD - we were looking for a more robust academic environment with interactive teaching and an emphasis on hands-on learning. We wanted our son to be inspired to learn and to become a critical thinker -- at HPISD he was going through the motions and honestly wasn't held very accountable for his work. He has thrived at Parish - the faculty is impressive and the diversity of the student body is refreshing. He is a more confident, mature person today than he was a year ago and I believe Parish had a lot to do with this positive change.
- Posted by Parent - jlind
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.