- Lamplighter is a school that consistently strives to promote a high degree of excellence in the teaching and learning of those basic and academic skills needed to cope successfully with the demands of contemporary society.
- At Lamplighter, learning is believed to be a lifelong endeavor.
- To that end, the Lamplighter community tries to build a sense of trust, where students feel free to express and test their views and can come to enjoy learning for its own intrinsic worth.
- All children are expected and encouraged to develop and perform at their highest potential.
- The school is committed to fostering a sensitive environment that supports the development of self-confidence and self-reliance as well as the nurturing of creativity and critical thought.
- These goals are accomplished in a warm and caring atmosphere.
- We value individuality and encourage all children to reach their potential, while respecting their similarities and differences.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DallasGrades: 1-12 | 868 students
10600 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230
FriscoGrades: PK-12 | 775 students
5000 Academy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
DallasGrades: PK-8 | 698 students
12525 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75244
RichardsonGrades: K-12 | 242 students
840 Abrams Rd
Richardson, TX 75081
DallasGrades: PK-8 | 572 students
11110 Midway Rd
Dallas, TX 75229
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.