John Paul II High School
- JPII is a next generation Catholic college preparatory high school serving families in the greater Collin County area. Founded in 2005, JPII is committed to forming the next generation of effective and ethical servant leaders in our community and the world. Our formative education of the whole person; academic, spiritual, emotional, and physical, leads to personal transformation. Inspired by the legacy of our patron, Pope St. John Paul II, we must rouse the minds and hearts of our students, stir their faith, and empower them to create a future based on hope and love.
- Located at Coit Road and Plano Parkway just north of President George Bush Turnpike in Plano, Texas.
- Our 317,000 square foot building can accommodate 1,200 students, grades 9 - 12.
- The community of the school is a diverse body of learners and educators that strives for excellence, values individuality, fosters a passion for learning, promotes the balanced development of faith, mind, and body, encourages community service, and instills a respect for others.
- John Paul II High School students are scholars, athletes, and artists.
- They excel in many areas, meeting and exceeding the varied challenges facing young people today.
- They are able to perform in such exemplary ways due to the support and guidance of our gifted faculty, coaches and staff who provide inspiration, confidence, and resources necessary for success.
- Our teachers are committed to their craft and approach their vocation with commitment and love.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||786 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / Mar. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,550|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Alyssa Donovan|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Lauren Westerfield|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Drill Team,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Weightlifting,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: 6-12 | 613 students
3900 Rugged Dr
Dallas, TX 75224
(214) 339-6561 22.6 6-12
- Dallas Grades: K-12 | 559 students
7300 Valley View Ln
Dallas, TX 75240
(214) 358-5818 6 K-12
- Dallas Grades: 9-12 | 1108 students
12345 Inwood Rd
Dallas, TX 75244
(972) 387-8700 7.2 9-12
I attended multiple public schools, Kindergarten to halfway through 9th grade, prior to attending JPII. I regret not transferring here earlier! I finally feel safe from drama, bullying, drugs, and basically everything you'd want to avoid at a school. Students at this school are so chill in terms of socializing, but they are very competitive academically. I have yet to run into any drama, and everyone has been really welcoming and friendly. It feels like we're all a part of one big cardinal family. The curriculum is very rigorous and I love the way the class sizes are smaller than in most public schools. All of my teachers are very helpful, and they even seem to actually care about their jobs! (Unlike most teachers I've had) In conclusion, the people, the academics, and the vibes of this school are honestly REFRESHING compared to the public schools I went to. Transferring here was the move. I 1000% recommend that you attend/send your child to JPII. I feel truly happy here! GO CARDINALS!!!
- Posted by Teacher - Layla
Love John Paul II my children are challenged in sports and academics. Teachers are awesome they care for the children and are available for tutoring. Its a big family!!
- Posted by Parent - Veronica