- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 174 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Carpentry, Chess Team, Computer Coding, Knitting
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Orff Ensemble, Recorder Ensemble, Strings Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cross Country, Yoga
- Mountaineer Montessori School is an independent school offering an expansive academic and arts curriculum in a fully-implemented Montessori environment to children from toddler-eighth grade. Founded in 1976, MMS is West Virginia's original and largest Montessori school in WV, offering a superior alternative to one-size-fits-all education. MMS is the only AMS full member school in the state and the only AMS Pathways to Continuous School Improvement School in West Virginia.
- Our program nurtures each child's unique potential and has inspired more than 1,000 students over the years to discover and become who they were meant to be.
- Remaining true to the vision of Maria Montessori and our founder, all lead instructors train at programs certified by the American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), with collectively an estimated 200 years of experience in authentic Montessori classroom.
- Our comprehensive, cross-disciplinary program inspires academic excellence and is enriched by a full art, instrumental and vocal music, physical education, computer instruction and foreign language curriculum led by trained Montessori professionals .MMS offers an on-site learning support program led by the WV Learning Disabilities Association Teacher of the Year. All students participate in reading screenings throughout the year and receive additional support as needed.
- At MMS we understand that : education is a partnership between students, teachers and parents; children learn in many different ways; children learn because they are interested, have creative imaginations, and possess the innate desire to become competent; the teacher`s role is to inspire, mentor, and facilitate the learning process; educational experiences will cultivate the child`s sense of independence, self-respect, and love of peace; and the importance of preparing aesthetic classrooms that meet the needs, interests and abilities of the children.We invite you to learn more about us. Please contact us to schedule an appointment to tour our classrooms
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Mountaineer Montessori School often compared to?
What sports does Mountaineer Montessori School offer?
When is the application deadline for Mountaineer Montessori School?
Endorse Mountaineer Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards