Mountainside Montessori Photo #2 - Each of our classrooms has indoor and outdoor environments. During his morning work, a Toddler chooses to work outside with sand in the Toddler yard.
Mountainside Montessori Photo #3 - A popular Practical Life activity in the Primary classes is baking. The children often make muffins and granola for morning snack. Sometimes there`s a little extra for the staff to enjoy!
Mountainside Montessori Photo #4 - In Montessori, the work of the children is hands-on and independent in nature. Two Lower Elementary students prepare and execute their Science experiment which they will later document and share.
Mountainside Montessori Photo #6 - The Adolescent class has been working on a site survey of the Dawson Cemetery at Virginia Outdoors Foundation`s Bull Run Mountains Natural Area Preserve. The class is working collaboratively with BRMNAP on a cultural study of the area as well as compiling data for creating an accurate site map.
Mountainside Montessori Photo #7 - The Adolescent class manages Mountainside`s farm. In 2019, the students built a new turkey roost in preparation for the arrival of their Broad Breasted Bronze heritage turkeys. The Adolescents raise and sell the turkeys in time for Thanksgiving as part of their micro-economy.
Mountainside Montessori Photo #8 - Each class tends its own garden with fresh plantings in the fall and spring. Mountainside also hosts monthly family gardening days.
Mountainside Montessori Photo #9 - Parent-Child Night is a highly anticipated evening when our students share their environments and selected works with their families.
Mountainside provides Montessori education for children from Fauquier, Prince William, Culpeper, and Loudoun counties.
In 2010, our mission expanded to include sustainable agriculture, environmental stewardship, and free play in nature.
In 2015, we opened a new 10-acre campus on Belvoir Road in Marshall, VA, which allows us to serve children from birth through ninth grade, as well as offer programs to the community at large.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-9
- Students: 109 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our mission at Mountainside Montessori is to provide a beautiful, rural environment for children to develop their own joy of learning and self-confidence. We give children the time, the Guides, and the environment to develop at their own pace, in their own way. We follow the child in all that we do, and we depend on our community of families to support and uphold our ideals. Mountainside Montessori is recognized by AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) for maintaining their standards and the high level of excellence that Maria Montessori envisioned.
Profile last updated: 08/18/2021
Endorse Mountainside Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.