- We, the faculty, staff and administration of Nativity of Mary School, believe that parents have both the obligation and the right to educate their children.
- Parents are the first teachers of their children and must be recognized as such.
- We believe that Christian values are the framework from which a successful education program flows.
- This included a strong emphasis on spirituality by offering experiences of Christ, Church and Christian service.
- In striving for excellence in education, our school will develop a child's fullest academic, spiritual, emotional and physical potential.
- Each person perceives and internalizes in a unique style and time frame.
- Interaction with others develops life skills using honesty, respect and acceptance.
- We believe each child needs to become responsible for their own social and academic behavior.
- These elements are critical for the foundation of life-long learning.
- We believe education is about loving, giving, caring, serving and knowing.
- Education is about striving to be the best one can be, yet being reasonable in that pursuit.
- As educators, we nurture a child's natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge, promoting lifelong learning and responsiblity.
- We, as educators of Nativity of Mary School, dedicate ourselves to working with God, parents, students parishoners and community members in living out this our philosophy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Lees SummitGrades: PK-12 | 788 students
1500 SW Jefferson
Lees Summit, MO 64081
Kansas CityGrades: PK-12 | 715 students
10631 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
Lees SummitGrades: K-8 | 439 students
150 Nw Murray Rd
Lees Summit, MO 64081
IndependenceGrades: PK-8 | 97 students
217 S Cedar Avenue
Independence, MO 64053
Kansas CityGrades: PK-8 | 140 students
9020 E 51st Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64133
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.